Author Topic: Chance to nominate and reward your local hero  (Read 1065 times)

Lucy Attenborough

Chance to nominate and reward your local hero
« on: December 05, 2017, 09:54:11 AM »
Hey everyone,

We're currently running a campaign on Free Radio to celebrate true local heroes in the community, the people who help others in their area.

We would love to hear from anyone who has an amazing story to tell about how they or someone they know currently contributes to the Birmingham community.

If their story is picked by our judging panel they will win £300 worth of goods to go towards their community project. There will also be an opportunity for the winner’s stories to feature on air with Free Radio.

The competition is now live on the Free Radio website, where anyone who is interested can enter. It would be great if you could share this link with your friends.

We have already had some truly deserving winners and we hope that someone you know can be rewarded for their hard work too.

If you have questions please reply and I will happy to help.

Thanks,
Lucy

Edmund Fifield

Re: Chance to nominate and reward your local hero
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 03:10:51 PM »
LUCY. Though not in the B,ham area I live in Kent,my daughter who lives in Broadstairs as a disabled son,while he is at a special school during the week she raises lots of money for a charity that provides Wheelchairs so that children can go in and out of the sea of the beaches at Margate ,Ramsgate and Broadstairs.She as done wonders raising so much money for these wheelchairs which have very large tyres so they don't sink in the sand .People can hire them for the day.Shehas quite a few people who help to raise the money(can't think of his name of hand but he introduces the acts on the X factor) his mother does a lot for the charity down her,Hoping this helps with her nomination yours edmund fifield
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Lucy Attenborough

Re: Chance to nominate and reward your local hero
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 01:10:43 PM »
LUCY. Though not in the B,ham area I live in Kent,my daughter who lives in Broadstairs as a disabled son,while he is at a special school during the week she raises lots of money for a charity that provides Wheelchairs so that children can go in and out of the sea of the beaches at Margate ,Ramsgate and Broadstairs.She as done wonders raising so much money for these wheelchairs which have very large tyres so they don't sink in the sand .People can hire them for the day.Shehas quite a few people who help to raise the money(can't think of his name of hand but he introduces the acts on the X factor) his mother does a lot for the charity down her,Hoping this helps with her nomination yours edmund fifield

Hi there,

This is a wonderful story and think she would have a good chance of winning. However, as it's not in the Birmingham area, I suggest you instead enter the same competition we have running on Magic Radio as Magic is a national station. Unfortunately, I can't post the website address here but if you head to Magic radio's website (planetradio.co.uk/magic) and go to the "win" page, you will find the competition called "reward your local heroes with TSB".

You just need to put your story and details in that form and then keep your fingers crossed :)

Hope that all makes sense.

Lucy

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy