Author Topic: enots  (Read 4576 times)

lenbrum

enots
« on: December 06, 2017, 03:41:14 PM »
anyone worked at enots late 60,s aston then moved to Lichfield my wife worked at both sites linda tasker

ironside

Re: enots
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 04:14:02 PM »
I have delivered to the factory at Lichfield, it is Stone backwards, I assume that was the name of the founder, they made pneumatic fittings that's all I know, didn't know it was once in Birmingham where was that?

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 06:00:04 PM »
Hi Lenbrum,my wife worked at EnotsinAston from1964 in the stores putting up the parts for the men on the machines,her name was Brenda we moved to Lichfield to the new factory,our next door neighour was BoB Ilsley he was a gaffer there,the wife worked there till 73 when we started a family and moved back to Streetly S/Coldfield
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 06:35:23 PM »
Lenbrum,another girl that worked there was a Barbra Small a bit like Barbra Windsor,blond hair short skirts lived in Ash Grove on a new estate,all of us were young owning our first homes,and yet to start a family.

Akatarawa

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 06:48:07 PM »
I had all but forgotten that name.  At Lucas Gas Turbine Equipment as it was then called, Enots fittings were a major stores item, we used a lot in test rigs, pneumatic and hydraulic piping etc.

ironside

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 02:26:52 PM »
I worked with a bloke who had worked there, he said the name was Stone backwards. I am interested in industrial history, anybody going to say where in Aston it was?

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 02:40:11 PM »
Ironside ,the Rd it was in ran from Rocky Lane it was on the left hand side as you drove up.If you ask Phil he will probably put up a photo of the place and the street.

ironside

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 03:04:30 PM »
Thanks Edmund, have you anything on this Phil - Many thanks.

Steve

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 03:12:18 PM »
I recall having to go to the factory stores to collect taps & dies with Enots threads. Even though there were British and American standards there were still a few special specifications around. e.g  BSA had their 26 teeth per inch.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

ironside

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 07:03:52 PM »
Enots threads, will add that to my collection, could write an essay on threads but that would be going off topic.

Steve

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 11:13:55 AM »
Enots threads, will add that to my collection, could write an essay on threads but that would be going off topic.
My first job on leaving school was drilling and tapping. Later I worked with maintenance at Newtons (GKN) nut & bolt factory where I learned more about threads, pitch angles etc.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy