Author Topic: Grosvenor street west ladywood  (Read 1591 times)

Saltman

Grosvenor street west ladywood
« on: December 14, 2017, 11:47:25 AM »

Hi All,

That time of year again when are start looking into the family tree.  would anyone have any pictures of no 1 back of 27, Grosvenor street west Ladywood, year 1931.  Just found some paper work relating to family living there at that year, would be  interesting if someone did.

Regards Greg.

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Grosvenor street west ladywood
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 01:34:18 PM »
Greg

I wouldn't hold out much hope of finding a photo of a back court in the 1930's. and looking at the maps it looks like this particular court disappeared not long after then.

I think the court you were looking for was located between Sherborne Street and Sheepcote Street and would have been located between the street and the wharf. On the attached map I have located what I assume to be number 27 I must add that I am in no way sure of this, perhaps Mikejee might take a look and either confirm or refute my assumption. If I am right then I assume that 1/27 would be the house that backs on to the number 27 house.

I have also added a later image of that end of the street and number 27 would have stood roughly where the first car on the left is parked, I have also added an image of a typical back court in the same street so that you can see what they looked like. Hopefully somebody will be able to come up with exactly what you are looking for. In the meantime I will keep an eye open for whatever I can find as well.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Saltman

Re: Grosvenor street west ladywood
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 04:25:14 PM »

Hi Phil,

Hope you are well and thank you for your quick response as always. Yes sad time last year as my Mother passed away, so haven't posted much for a while as you can understand.  I always seem to be drawn to doing my family tree at this time of year Strange.  It takes a hour two to catch up from where I left off tho Ha !   Having looking through mothers picture's and tracing the family that all lived in the centre of Brum, plus I was born in 1960 and grew up there and till I was 14 find your site so interesting and brings back good memories. Well I wish you a merry xmas, and thanks again.

Regards Greg.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy