Author Topic: Fatal Accident In Birmingham  (Read 10164 times)

JudithM

Re: Fatal Accident In Birmingham
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 01:33:01 PM »
From what I have now been told some where not wearing seat belts and they were all heading in the same direction. Can anyone add anything to that.

I've heard the bit about the seatbelts too.

Police are not being drawn on speculation, although the area is well know for boy racers at that time of night.  I'm hoping that the weather wasn't a factor.

For me, the most awful thing is that the Police have had to continually ask people not to share horrific images of the victims.  Seems that some people are more concerned with getting 'likes' on Facebook (or whatever) than they are about their fellow human beings.  >:(
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 03:50:07 PM »
Sun newspaper says an AUDI crossed over the central res into the taxi,going to fast speeding.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Scipio

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 08:18:25 PM »

Police are not being drawn on speculation, although the area is well know for boy racers at that time of night.  I'm hoping that the weather wasn't a factor.

For me, the most awful thing is that the Police have had to continually ask people not to share horrific images of the victims.  Seems that some people are more concerned with getting 'likes' on Facebook (or whatever) than they are about their fellow human beings.  >:(

Judith, [censored]* sell s better than tame stuff , I learned that years ago
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

countrylad

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 12:58:27 AM »

Judithm, I share your thoughts on the awfulness of people taking photographs of others in such distress. I might sound a bit old fashioned or something like that, but I feel that these sort of images if needed should be used for research by appropriate institutions rather than entertainment. This stuff is so personal, do we as humans have no respect these days.....

astoness

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 03:25:52 AM »
good post counrylad i totally agree with you

lyn

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2017, 11:07:22 AM »
The real culprits for the sharing of these sick images is modern technology and there is little we can do about that, but we can and should legislate just what is allowed to be posted to some of these poorly (almost non existant) moderated social media and networking sites. I think it a very sad thing the the authorities have to resort to making pleas like this to the public.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

JudithM

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2017, 01:04:17 PM »
The real culprits for the sharing of these sick images is modern technology and there is little we can do about that, but we can and should legislate just what is allowed to be posted to some of these poorly (almost non existant) moderated social media and networking sites. I think it a very sad thing the the authorities have to resort to making pleas like this to the public.
It's not just that, some of the newspaper sites were sharing the images as well.

Even the BBC site's standard blurb for information asks 'were you there, do you have pictures' (to paraphrase).  Responsible news outlets wouldn't dream of showing the most disturbing images, but those who are more interested in the number of users on their site than actual responsible reporting will show them.

People have always been able to share images that have been taken by them, it's just now people can reach a wider audience instantly rather than passing physical photos or video footage around.

Modern technology is a great thing, there are more positives than negatives, but, like everything else, people can misuse it, and sadly, for those who chose to, there is an audience for it.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

astoness

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2017, 03:41:58 PM »
link below to latest update...i doubt very much that any of us are surprised.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/19/birmingham-crash-man-killed-smash-left-six-dead-drug-dealer/

Spud

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2017, 04:36:48 PM »
No one could ever have imagined that so called social media would be used in this way but it seems the likes of Facebook have no shame and look only to the number of members they can attract and the number of so called likes. Imagine how a relative of one of the innocent victims would feel to see pictures of their loved ones banded about around the web.
It is wrong to second guess exactly what happened that fateful night we should leave that to the experts but I am sure when all the dust has settled some of the victims will be proved to be entirely guilt free just out on the town for a good night out only to find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time.
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

astoness

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2017, 05:08:44 PM »
hi spud...never used facebook and never will....not my cuppa tea...yes im quite sure that it will come to light that the taxi driver and his passengers were in the wrong place at the wrong time...all very sad

lyn

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2017, 05:17:36 PM »
the behaver of some folk is shameful   in the things they do and the things they say on
social media     its not the
social media  its the mind-set of some folk that's wrong
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy