Author Topic: Fatal Accident In Birmingham  (Read 10165 times)

frederick

Re: Fatal Accident In Birmingham
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2017, 12:05:37 PM »
It is an unwritten law that you don't take photos at funerals. But if someone higher up the pecking order dies we get every bit of footage of the funeral on our TV screens.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

JudithM

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2017, 01:48:34 PM »
Someone at work knew the woman who died (she was in the taxi).  Ever since the accident he'd been saying that he recognised her face from somewhere but couldn't quite place it, then he saw a picture on facebook of her with someone else he recognised & realised that she'd been in the year above him at school.

Shame.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2017, 07:01:11 PM »
It's all about MONEY. With newspapers offering money for any story or photograph ,it's easy to get a few pounds no questions asked.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

JudithM

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2017, 02:28:59 PM »
It's all about MONEY. With newspapers offering money for any story or photograph ,it's easy to get a few pounds no questions asked.
I remember a few years ago now, a girl who went to the school where my brother works died suddenly.  It turned out in the end that she had an undiagnosed heart condition but at first the alarmist press were trying to link her death to the vaccine for cervical cancer that had just started to be routinely given to girls that age.

The press were camped outside the school for days & were harassing the kids on their way into & out of the school in an effort to make them cry so that they'd get the pictures for their papers.  The Police had to move them on & put a cordon round the school so that the pupils could go about their day undisturbed. >:(
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

astoness

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2017, 06:21:21 AM »
well we now know how this avoidable accident happened...my thoughts and prayers to the victims and relatives of the 3 who lost their lives in the taxi leaving 6 children without a father and 2 children without a mother...god bless them

lyn

baz

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2017, 09:36:52 PM »
well we now know how this avoidable accident happened...my thoughts and prayers to the victims and relatives of the 3 who lost their lives in the taxi leaving 6 children without a father and 2 children without a mother...god bless them

lyn

I'm one of those who lives away from Brum, Lyn.
So what WAS the cause of this terrible accident ?

astoness

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2017, 09:51:51 PM »
baz the audi car carrying 4 men crossed the central reservation and hit the taxi that was travelling the other way head on..the fully story is on the internet

lyn

baz

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2017, 09:56:20 PM »
It doesn't bear thinking about does it ?
Thanks for that Lyn.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2017, 10:09:39 PM »

the audi car carrying 4 men crossed the central reservation and hit the taxi
why   that is the question  that needs an answer
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

countrylad

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2017, 05:25:34 PM »
Without too much speculation and due to the state of the vehicles/impact damage I would say speed. Big question for me is: Why the loss of control? They had probably done this journey many times and knew the road.
What does grieve me is the fact that the couple in the taxi did the sensible and safest thing after a night out. They got in a taxi to get them home safely, and the taxi driver was earning his living providing a service......

I saw pictures of the crowds at the taxi drivers funeral, so sad and those poor children will never see their daddy again.

Scipio

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2017, 09:14:41 PM »

Without too much speculation and due to the state of the vehicles/impact damage I would say speed. Big question for me is: Why the loss of control? They had probably done this journey many times and knew the road.
What does grieve me is the fact that the couple in the taxi did the sensible and safest thing after a night out. They got in a taxi to get them home safely, and the taxi driver was earning his living providing a service......

I saw pictures of the crowds at the taxi drivers funeral, so sad and those poor children will never see their daddy again.

Countrylad , I accept your submission of speed, I will stick  my earlier post on here that certain substances were involved as well,
mixture of the two I bet
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy