Author Topic: Fatal Accident In Birmingham  (Read 10168 times)

countrylad

Re: Fatal Accident In Birmingham
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2017, 09:52:17 PM »

Countrylad , I accept your submission of speed, I will stick  my earlier post on here that certain substances were involved as well,
mixture of the two I bet
Scipio, totally agree with you. And will stand corrected if a different outcome from a reliable source is published.

Scipio

« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2017, 10:20:40 PM »

Scipio, totally agree with you. And will stand corrected if a different outcome from a reliable source is published.

Agreed Countrylad
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

ironside

« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2017, 11:01:41 AM »
There was plenty from the family of the taxi driver but nothing about the four, someone must have known something from the very beginning. Were the police pursuing their car?

countrylad

« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2017, 02:07:43 PM »
There was plenty from the family of the taxi driver but nothing about the four, someone must have known something from the very beginning. Were the police pursuing their car?
Haven't seen any mention of the car being pursued

JudithM

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2017, 12:47:44 PM »
Haven't seen any mention of the car being pursued

No, not on this occasion.  The driver had been in a police pursuit prior though (he had not long been released from jail for drugs charges & he was caught after a high speed pursuit in which I believe he travelled as speeds over 100mph).

That area is a rat run for boy racers, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was travelling at significant speed even if he wasn't being pursued.  It was also icy & foggy (if I remember the night correctly).  The gritters had been out several hours prior to the accident, but even so, it wouldn't have been safe enough for fast driving.

There's a lot of CCTV in the area, so I think what ever happened would likely have been caught on camera, as well as witnesses from other vehicles in the area.  It could just be that in this case, the police are being able to keep the details away from the press until the coroners reports and other inquiries are done, at which point I'm sure there'll be a proper statement.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

frederick

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2017, 06:36:54 PM »
Judith,
Thanks for keeping us up to speed on this.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

JudithM

« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2017, 12:53:18 PM »
I think this is the most recent piece I've seen -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/19/birmingham-crash-man-killed-smash-left-six-dead-drug-dealer/

And I may have been incorrect regarding the driver.  All it says here that it was one of the people that was thrown from the car that was previously jailed after a high speed pursuit, so he may have been a passenger rather than the driver (although it could be both as I don't know whether the driver was thrown from the car as well as the passengers - no one was wearing seat belts).

The woman who died (one of the passengers in the taxi) was known to someone I work with.  She was in the year above him at school  :(
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy