Author Topic: Coffee shops around Birmingham?  (Read 6908 times)

Butterfly

Coffee shops around Birmingham?
« on: April 24, 2008, 06:07:51 PM »
hi guys,

I was wondering whether anyone knows of or has been to a good coffee shop around birmingham? ideally an independant coffee shop as i've been searching for a place that does 'quality' coffee around birmingham for a really long time and havent had much luck yet!  :-[

please help!!  ;D

Butterfly.

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Coffee shops around Birmingham?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 07:41:17 PM »
Butterfly,

Sorry I can't help you, I haven't been to town since they remodeled it, hang on I suppose one of the ladies might be able to help you. Anyway my taste in coffee is more suited to Alex's pie stand.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

tramp

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 01:44:16 PM »
Hi Butterfly and Welcome,

The best coffee in the world is a mere 7 hours flight away from brum - come and check it out in sunny Santo Domingo where we grow it.   
And, "Santo Domingo" is the name of the brand.  Where else have I said ''there's a coffee tree in the garden?'' only in Papua New Guinea, but Sto Dgo is much better - it beats Blue Mountain and Columbian hands down, and at 67 Pesos, its exactly a Pound a lb!

Flug

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 11:51:54 AM »
Digbeth Bus Station?.........only(just) joking

mazbeth

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 12:06:49 AM »
hi guys,

I was wondering whether anyone knows of or has been to a good coffee shop around birmingham? ideally an independant coffee shop as i've been searching for a place that does 'quality' coffee around birmingham for a really long time and havent had much luck yet!  :-[

please help!!  ;D

Butterfly.

Check out Cornerstone in Silver St. Kings Heath...great quality and range of coffees, and coffee flavourings too... and food, [like home made real soups and bread etc] and great service, but not over the top prices..

there used to be one in Moseley too, which was great as it was on the road I used to walk along to pick my kids up from junior school...but lack of funds closed it down.
Let those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn their hearts. And, if He cannot turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping!- Irish blessing

emdeefos

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 09:55:14 AM »
Does Bebo in Paradise Forum meet your criteria?
David F

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 11:12:01 AM »
Can anybody tell me why a cup of coffee has risen in price over the last couple of years from less than a £1 to in excess of £3 what justification is there for that. Even the junk on motorway services is about £2.80 a cup.

I know this has been said before by many an older person (of which I now count myself) but I can remember getting a cup of tea for 10p and a good coffee for 20p, So are we saying the price of coffee has gone up 1500% since the sixties?

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 11:16:55 AM »
Hi emdeefos

I would imagine you have some link with Bebo, but nevertheless welcome to the forum and if you haven't just joined to promote your coffee shop may I encourage you to join in with the chat.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

emdeefos

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 11:21:58 AM »
You imagine wrong - the only link I have with coffee shops is as a customer, actual or potential.
I suggested Bebo only because it was one city centre venue which wasn't obviously part of a chain. But I wasn't sure.

David F

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 11:39:36 AM »
You imagine wrong - the only link I have with coffee shops is as a customer, actual or potential.
I suggested Bebo only because it was one city centre venue which wasn't obviously part of a chain. But I wasn't sure.

David F

David

Sadly none of us are infallible, even me.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

jasper14

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 10:41:03 PM »

Good Coffe Shop

Try   Robert Harris, Garden Place, Hamilton NZ

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy