Author Topic: Number 11 Bus Route  (Read 46774 times)

JudithM

Re: Number 11 Bus Route
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2018, 01:14:09 PM »
moving down Yardley road now to Stockfied Road, with Broadyates House on the corner and then looking back with Broadyates house on the left and the cemetery on the right.
That part of the road doesn't look too much different now.  My brother lives on one of the side roads just past the cemetery.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Spud

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2018, 01:24:36 PM »
I have just been over to Stechford and came back Via the Swan. The approach to the Swan along Church Road has changed completely there is a completely new stretch of road as you approach the Island to be honest it threw me completely having not been over that way for some time in fact I almost finished in a supermarket car park !!
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

JudithM

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2018, 01:26:25 PM »
I have just been over to Stechford and came back Via the Swan. The approach to the Swan along Church Road has changed completely there is a completely new stretch of road as you approach the Island to be honest it threw me completely having not been over that way for some time in fact I almost finished in a supermarket car park !!
I got the 11c from the bus stop next to said car park last week!

That side of the island is completely different now isn't it?  It's a real contrast to the cemetery side of the island.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Spud

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2018, 02:27:24 PM »
Too right Judith Church Road its self as it approaches The Swan looks to be closed except for access to frontages
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2018, 04:42:23 PM »
In the first image here we are now just past Francis Road on the Yardley Rd. In the second we are approaching Douglas Road and then outside Acocks Green Police Station.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

countrylad

« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2018, 08:50:52 PM »
Next on our journey we pass Rookery Park and Rookery House, then onto Bromford Lane and  the lad in the Lane pub once Ye Old Green Man and one of two pubs within Birmingham claiming to be the oldest pub amd then its another pub at the junction of Tyburn Road the Navigation.
The Navigation, Erdington, only went in there once with a Irish friend of mine in 1974/5. There were as many dogs as punters. Then all of a sudden a dog fight broke out in the bar. The blokes in there were just sticking the boot in the dogs trying to stop the fight. On the whole an enjoyable night though and an experience never to be repeated... O0

countrylad

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2018, 09:01:21 PM »
Moving down Stechford Lane past Stechford Road and then on to Station Road passing the Bulls Head.
These photos of the Fox and Goose, Beaufort cinema and photo 39 brings back such memories. My girlfriend had a Saturday job at what is called Beaufort Hardware in photo 39. This would have been in 1973/4. The shop was run by two brothers, name of Taylor I think. We would then head back to her house in Hodge Hill Rd, then off to the pictures either the Beaufort or Capitol. Wonderfull memories.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2018, 10:22:59 AM »
On the corner of Drews Lane,Bromford was a newsagents owned by a family called the Bratts,used to hang around with their sons in the late 50 s
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2018, 01:38:23 PM »
We are now moving on to a short stretch of Sherbourne Road starting at The Great Western Inn, but we soon move on to Dudley Park road where at the Junction of Warwick Road we turn left and then head into Acocks Green Village.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

countrylad

« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2018, 08:38:12 PM »
Photo 64 Wrensons, I can remember a Twinnings tea advert on that wall in about 1960. 

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2018, 07:02:39 PM »
We are now in Acocks Green Village looking back across the green at St Mary's church at the junction of Warwick Road and Dudley Park Road. Then from more or less the same spot we are looking up Westley Road in the direction we are about to take.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy