Author Topic: Greasy Spoons/Cafes near Irving Street  (Read 507 times)

jak_jones

Greasy Spoons/Cafes near Irving Street
« on: January 09, 2018, 01:03:16 PM »
Hello
        We are staying in the Ibis on Irving Street in the town centre in June and having stayed there before I can say the breakfast is not the best in the world!. I'm from out of town so I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good place local to the Ibis where we can get a full brekkie on a Saturday and Sunday.

Cheers

Jonesy

Phil

• Global Moderator
Re: Greasy Spoons/Cafes near Irving Street
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 05:55:08 PM »
Hi Jak

I see you haven't recieved a reply yet. I suppose the problem is that those of us who still live in Birmingham rarely go out for breakfast. If you were asking for recommendations on somewhere to dine in the evening you might get more replies. So lets have a go a tackling breakfast, I'm afraid that my days of using greasy spoon cafes are over so I can only go on recommendations of others. The Saturday shouldn't be a problem just take a walk up to Broad Street and you should find several places open and serving breakfast,

If you want to stretch your legs a bit further try Grand Central Kitchen on Stephenson Street they serve breakfast all day (amongst other meals) and open early mornings evert day of the week. You will find it by New Street Railway Station rear entrance.
Make Love Not War

davidc

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 09:07:17 PM »
There's always Wetherspoons full English ;D
Power corrupts

jak_jones

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 02:14:20 PM »
davidc-of course there is! I always forget about them :( Sounds like a walk up to Broad St is the best idea :) Thanks for your replies both of you.