Author Topic: Congestion Charge For Birmingham  (Read 12200 times)

Edmund Fifield

Re: Congestion Charge For Birmingham
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2019, 02:14:23 PM »
The more greener it is with the trees the more Oxygen they create.And the more protesters who have no idea what they are protesting about.Must be something in the air or the amount of Happy Baccy going around.Would love to be alive when they are in between 60-70 and all got C O P D . ;D ;D
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

GardenGerald

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2019, 02:35:34 PM »
Hello Ed
Australia have carried out a massive amount of research work on this subject. The more green growth we have means the air is cleaner because
dirty air will kill plants. More green growth means more rain. The research shows that more human and plant bugs thrive. Chest
infections are increasing because of clean air. We now are starting to spread Sulphur, if no sulphur many plants will die.
Could most of this be another money making racket.
Ed were are the Crabs
Take care
Gerald.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2019, 02:44:04 PM »
To late Gerald      ALL G O N E. O0

JudithM

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2019, 01:31:28 PM »
The more greener it is with the trees the more Oxygen they create.And the more protesters who have no idea what they are protesting about.Must be something in the air or the amount of Happy Baccy going around.Would love to be alive when they are in between 60-70 and all got C O P D . ;D ;D
That's a strange simplistic argument there.

Having studied climate as part of my degree I can assure you it's not as simple as yet.  Yes, plants take in CO2 and 'breathe' out Oxygen, but that doesn't make the air cleaner, or cool it down significantly.  Plants utilise CO2 as part of their structure (like we use calcium in our bones) but once that plant has died that CO2 gets released back in to the environment.  In the case of trees that can be hundreds of years, but annual plants or perennials will release their CO2 as soon as they die back each winter.  One large forest fire will undo many decades of CO2 storage in trees.

Plants also emit CO2.  Whilst they are growing they do take in more CO2 than they give out, but when a plant, or tree, is established and not going through a growth spurt they give out as much CO2 as they take in & so have no effect on the CO2 in the atmosphere.

Also, CO2 is also not the only pollutant that comes from car fumes - there's Nitrogen Dioxide for example.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Des Gardner

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2019, 07:24:40 AM »
There's lots of improvements that could happen to make better the air that we breath..eg. we live near a fast food takeaway, where people drive in and sit in their cars with the engine running, the fast food (not always fast) is bought to their cars, then they rush the food down their gut like there is no tomorrow then throw all the leftovers out the window, and down the lanes, the city should tidy these places up first.....there are a lot of places in Birmingham that can now only be described as a tip, Birmingham has not always been like this! Clean air should start where we live and not just the city center....... >:(

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2019, 10:29:19 AM »
Des,regardless of what Mr Attenbougher says about climate change its called NATURE.And it's been happening for Millions of years.Made worse by as you say vehicle fumes.Being an old motor mechanic I know about it a bit

GardenGerald

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2019, 12:40:29 PM »
Hello Ed
What will happen in Birmingham with the huge expanse of business due to HS2.
Several research centres this week have said its all exaggerated for some people to make a lot of money.
If gas is banned as a house fuel with coal and wood the electric people will be laughing their heads off.
Where will the factories and offices be, on top of each other !. More space between buildings and roads would help.
Trees with broad leaves would also help and a bigger soil worm population would also be good.
Gerald.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2019, 02:43:40 PM »
Gerald,the only thing these Architectures see when they so call design these towns is how much is going into their bank account.I had a future son in law once who knew nothing about gardens and the environment just how to cram as many houses(or Rabbit Hutches ) onto the smallest bit of land to get the best payment.Like councillors it's the pot of Gold at the end of the RAINBOW. :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

Scipio

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2019, 11:10:08 PM »
Gerald,the only thing these Architectures see when they so call design these towns is how much is going into their bank account.I had a future son in law once who knew nothing about gardens and the environment just how to cram as many houses(or Rabbit Hutches ) onto the smallest bit of land to get the best payment.Like councillors it's the pot of Gold at the end of the RAINBOW. :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

Edmund I like your phraseology architects , is that what you call them . I would go as far as saying they all must have served their apprenticeships with Boxfoldia as thats all I can see on the Birmingham skyline nowadays boxes four sides and a top very picturesque
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2019, 11:28:09 PM »
When he was my future S/L he told me that houses today were built to a certain size(I can't remember now) but it was to the size of the family I think 3.5 Mts per person per room or something like that

Scipio

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2019, 11:59:52 PM »
When he was my future S/L he told me that houses today were built to a certain size(I can't remember now) but it was to the size of the family I think 3.5 Mts per person per room or something like that

I hope thatts not 3.5mts  tall Edmund
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy