Author Topic: Congestion Charge For Birmingham  (Read 12210 times)

Edmund Fifield

Re: Congestion Charge For Birmingham
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2019, 12:01:57 PM »
Scipio, ;D ;D ;D
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Emileoriva

Congestion Charge For Birmingham
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2019, 12:59:34 PM »
Was the congestion charge intended to prevent congestion or pollution?  If the former, then pure electric cars are still cars and take up the same space and congest but if the latter, then some big motorbikes pollute in the same way as cars surely?

JudithM

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2019, 01:11:47 PM »
Was the congestion charge intended to prevent congestion or pollution?  If the former, then pure electric cars are still cars and take up the same space and congest but if the latter, then some big motorbikes pollute in the same way as cars surely?
It's mainly to improve air quality.  The council are calling it a Clean Air Zone, not a congestion charge -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-44551122

https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/info/20076/pollution/1763/a_clean_air_zone_for_birmingham

It's the public that are referring to it as a congestion charge.

Not exactly sure why motorbikes are exempt - maybe the pollution from the number or older/larger bikes that visit or pass through the city is not considered significant enough to add to the list of polluting vehicles.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Grumpy

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2019, 08:04:31 PM »
Yet another tax on motorists, less cars going into town, ipso facto, less people shopping in the city, but we will have a ‘clean city’ with lots of boarded up shops..
Who wants to go shopping in the city and then haul it home on a smelly bus? :D

frederick

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2019, 10:44:57 AM »
Grumpy,
Some people are UP themselfs.....is it through living the millionaire life style.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2019, 10:54:06 AM »
Fred

How can you go on about people living the millionaire lifestyle (your definition) so much, when you so obviously live it  yourself?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2019, 12:14:48 PM »
some time back fred and his partner and I had a meet up in Stourport  from what I could gather from fred hes worked hard  made a few good moves  and fred does live well he not short of any thing no one gives him any thing he does not live on hand outs  but what fred seems to dislike is folk that do not work but have all the joys of a good life  that seem to be the thinking of fred    I may well be wrong  but im sure fred will put me right  now Congestion Charge For Birmingham  that will hit the traders the workers  not so much the well paid  but it will cost all that live in brum
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Grumpy

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2019, 12:15:32 PM »
Grumpy,
Some people are UP themselfs.....is it through living the millionaire life style.
Especially when it’s other people’s money they are spending

frederick

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2019, 12:17:36 PM »
I can see in the near future cars being bard from big towns and cities because of pollution. And the only way to get into them will be like we used to many years ago but on an electric bus. I can see electric cars being able to go in, but how many can afford an electric car.

frederick

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2019, 12:31:07 PM »
Roy,
Yes we had a good walk around and chat over a coffee.     O0      That is pretty much how I think. I have known some people for some time now that have never worked men and women they are in their 50s now. They go abroad on holiday live in their own houses buy cars and motor bikes and basically sit around all day. And to them the word bus would be a swear word.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2019, 01:22:10 PM »
Fred

How do these people get mortgages to buy houses and Finance to buy cars without employment history?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy