Author Topic: shelleys of aston brook st  (Read 843 times)

lenbrum

shelleys of aston brook st
« on: February 23, 2018, 01:33:06 PM »
does anyone remember this firm,they made motor cycle parts for Norton around early 60,s before moving to greet.My dad worked there for some years Len Shaw I remember the brilliant xmas partys they held for the kids great presents.

brummy woody

Re: shelleys of aston brook st
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 04:50:11 PM »
does anyone remember this firm,they made motor cycle parts for Norton around early 60,s before moving to greet.My dad worked there for some years Len Shaw I remember the brilliant xmas partys they held for the kids great presents.
my dad and three uncles worked at shelleys       Arthur wood    frank Edmunds  George cannings    me and my sister went to the xmas partys   in the 50s    shelleys was in aston         

lenbrum

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 09:50:55 AM »
thanks for message, my dad died in 1979 but the memory of the parties is still with me.I would have gone from late 50's to early 60's.Funny enough I seem to remember the names Edmunds and cannings.We lived in Victoria road near Lichfield road till 1964.My moms name was edna formerly weaver a very old aston family as was shaw.

brummy woody

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 12:18:33 PM »
hi my grandparents lived in 21 sandy lane  George cannings became lord mayor of Birmingham   I lived in park lane

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy