Author Topic: Inkerman street Vauxhall Duddeston Birmingham  (Read 1070 times)

Paulh1956

Inkerman street Vauxhall Duddeston Birmingham
« on: February 24, 2018, 01:43:47 PM »
I am looking for pictures and any information on Inkerman Street In Vauxhall Duddeston especially 1 back of 174 inkerman Street that is the place I was born in 1956 if anybody can help a Birmingham lad it would be appreciated and is this Street standing . Look forward to hear from you send information to my e mail if you like at

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: Inkerman street Vauxhall Duddeston Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 02:01:50 PM »

hi paulh welcome to the forum   have a look at this topic

this is the link       
Nechells, Vauxhall, Duddeston & Saltley,  
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 02:05:32 PM »
Hi Paul,I lived at 183 Inkerman St, till 1949 I think you are asking about the area behind were the Wests lived were the alleyway ran behind the houses for about a 100 yards,I think someone sold ice cream from the shed in their garden.Sorry I've got no photos only memories
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 02:07:38 PM »
Hi Paul

Welcome to the forum, I lived a few doors away from you at 1/144 or if you want the posh name 1 Rueben Place. I never realised that there were houses at the rear of those houses down by the Railway Club. Mind you my parents didn't move to Inkerman Street from Francis Street (about half a mile away) until 1964 and I didn't spend much time there at all as I was roaming round the country most of the time. Though my parents remained there until 1970 when the house was demolished and the rest of the street was gone by the end of 1971.

There are very few photos of Inkerman Street about, but if you type it in the the search box at the top right of the page what there is will be brought up.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy