Author Topic: Planning to move to Monksway.  (Read 276 times)

apillow

Planning to move to Monksway.
« on: April 17, 2018, 12:16:49 PM »
Hi all,
Hope some one can help me here. I am planning to move to monksway and I am new to Birmingham. coming to live there from outside England, Caould someone please tell me hoe the area is? Thanks

Spud

Re: Planning to move to Monksway.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 02:22:26 PM »
Do you mean Monkspath ?
The Best Is Yet To Come

apillow

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 02:29:04 PM »
Monksway ,kings Norton

apillow

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 02:29:43 PM »
Do you mean Monkspath ?

Monksway, kings norton

countrylad

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 04:14:49 PM »
Hello appillow and welcome.

I don't know if the area has changed much of late, however the area particularly around Hillmeads Rd Poolfarm was quite rough. A relative of mine lived there near Greaves Square. Monks way is a bit further over towards Parsons Hill.

I'm not certain if any new houses have been built in Monksway and in so doing will have cleared out the old. A housing estate a mile of so away is in the process of being demolished and redeveloped because the estate became a slum and the houses were in a poor state due to their construction.

apillow

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 10:39:07 PM »
Hello appillow and welcome.

I don't know if the area has changed much of late, however the area particularly around Hillmeads Rd Poolfarm was quite rough. A relative of mine lived there near Greaves Square. Monks way is a bit further over towards Parsons Hill.

I'm not certain if any new houses have been built in Monksway and in so doing will have cleared out the old. A housing estate a mile of so away is in the process of being demolished and redeveloped because the estate became a slum and the houses were in a poor state due to their construction.

Thanks for your reply. Even google maps doesn't show any houses there. Apparently the new houses were built in 2004. I hope the place is alright

townie

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 10:46:56 PM »
apillow. Where are you moving from?
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?