Author Topic: What is it like in Birmingham now.  (Read 273 times)

emerald

What is it like in Birmingham now.
« on: April 17, 2018, 02:56:06 PM »
I have not been to brum for years. Can you get down Corporation Street now the trams are there? Where do the buses go if not down corporation street. I used to like going to the markets but i cant walk far now.

emerald

Re: What is it like in Birmingham now.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 03:36:15 PM »
Do any of you go to Birmingham?

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 04:19:57 PM »
Do any of you go to Birmingham?

I was there last week when I met some friends at Moor Street station so we could all go to an exhibition in Balsall Heath about the reshaping and rebuilding of that district in the 70's. I did something that day that I had not done for 33 years and that was ride on a Birmingham bus.

The time previous to that day I visited Birmingham was the week before when I visited the Museum and Art Gallery with my great grandson to gather some information on the Vikings And the Saxons for his school project.

Both days were very interesting but I'm afraid neither of them took us near Corporation Street, but I can tell you from previous visits that it is now open to pedestrians and trams, but to be honest not being a bus or tram user I have never noticed where the buses now run or if in fact they still use Corporation Street.
Make Love Not War

Spud

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 04:49:01 PM »
Picking up from Phil's post about buses into the City those from the South side tend to terminate in Carrs lane alongside M&S. Those from say Dudley Road terminate in Colmore Row. The tram service runs between Snow Hill and New Street Stations but i understand there are plans to extend the route to Digbeth Coach Station. No buses now run from New St to Bull St.
I only use the Bus High days and Holidays so my knowledge is a little limited
The Best Is Yet To Come

emerald

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 04:54:58 PM »
I looked on Google maps on streetview and it looks like trams only in corporation street. I heard the tram would be going to the markets area but was not sure if they had done that yet. It all seems too complicated  :)  and if you can,t walk far that doesn't help.