Author Topic: Street begging and being homeless  (Read 12587 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Street begging and being homeless
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 10:15:28 PM »
Scipio

I agree with everything you say, and have said much the same several times on here in the past. What I am saying is that precious little is being done to remedy the situation. I can't see how cutting funding to the police and cutting benefits is going to help the situation.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Scipio

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2018, 10:53:15 PM »

Scipio

I agree with everything you say, and have said much the same several times on here in the past. What I am saying is that precious little is being done to remedy the situation. I can't see how cutting funding to the police and cutting benefits is going to help the situation.

Phil I'd try to get them into some form of a cooperative, you're out on  the begging for money, we will give you money in return for your labour . There is plenty of work around that you could align to local councils , clearing of rubbish for a certain stretch of the motorway , street clearance of litter , jobs  that do not require a tradepersons skills unless of course the person is a tradesman . I'm sure local councils would welcome the help and allot a certain amount of cash
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2018, 11:15:35 PM »
You can't make these vagrants work ,they will never help themselves,they want everything given to them they are IDLE and would never work if they were given£1,000 pounds a week
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2018, 11:23:52 PM »
well why should they work when money gets handed to them for just sitting down on the pavement  perhaps with a dog some of them have got it down to a fine art and they know the spots to pick perhaps they have got a rota among them selves of who has what spot some of them from the eu country's have got a gob full of gold teeth  and probably live better than a lot on this forum
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2018, 11:39:47 PM »
To true Roy.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2018, 12:01:07 AM »
You can't make these vagrants work ,they will never help themselves,they want everything given to them they are IDLE and would never work if they were given£1,000 pounds a week

Going by government figures if every vacancy in the UK was filled tomorrow then half the unemployed would still be out of work. So where are all these idlers going to get work, if they are in fact homeless then they are not signing on so they are not included in the government figures. Let me ask you a question if one of these street beggars asked you for a job, would you give him one?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Akatarawa

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2018, 04:50:41 AM »
"At this festive season of the year, Mr. Scrooge,"
said the gentleman, taking up a pen, "it is more than
usually desirable that we should make some slight
provision for the Poor and destitute, who suffer
greatly at the present time. Many thousands are in
want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands
are in want of common comforts, sir."

"Are there no prisons?" asked Scrooge.

"Plenty of prisons," said the gentleman, laying down
the pen again.

"And the Union workhouses?" demanded Scrooge.
"Are they still in operation?"

"They are. Still," returned the gentleman, "I wish
I could say they were not."

"The Treadmill and the Poor Law are in full vigour,
then?" said Scrooge.

"Both very busy, sir."

I just love a 'Christmas Carol',  it is so appropriate the way social conscience and caring in society has deteriorated so much following the "New Right" movement from the 80s.

"Reganism" in America, "Thatcherism" in UK, "Rogernomics" in New Zealand,  very sad in IMHO.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2018, 07:47:01 AM »

there is a lot of folk out of work and for some it pays more for being out of work than going to work but they are not out on the street begging and they are not homeless

I'm told that if you are unemployed  and you have to go to the dole each week and take a list of the jobs that you have applied  for and if you do not do this then they stop your dole money (remember the post I made about the chap picking up dog ends they stopped his dole money because he was late getting to the dole office his bus was late)  but he still had his rent paid but no cash off the dole so it was down to the food bank I'm not sure what the dole pays but I think its about £70 per week  so its much easer to go out sit and beg then you have no one nagging you about getting a job in truth most beggars are not homeless jobless yes and that's because they are lazy do not wish to get out of bed in the morning stop up half the night do has they wish they know they are going to get food (food bank) they know they are going to get a few bob begging  it buys the booze and fags

Scipio

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2018, 10:09:32 AM »

Going by government figures if every vacancy in the UK was filled tomorrow then half the unemployed would still be out of work. So where are all these idlers going to get work, if they are in fact homeless then they are not signing on so they are not included in the government figures. Let me ask you a question if one of these street beggars asked you for a job, would you give him one?

Yes I probably would , I've always been a soft touch at the best of times . Would he take it though Phil, there's the rub as Shakespeare wrote ?
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2018, 10:28:52 AM »

one chap in kiddy who iv give odds and sods to over the last 9 months(having a clear out of the cloths that do not fit me any more) he seemed a nice kind of chap down on his luck he was given a job 1400 till 2200 on a months trial  he started work on the Monday  on the Friday I seen him   and i just said how's the job going not good he said I gave it up on Wednesday the job was to hard and I could not be with my friends

he will get naff all off me

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2018, 10:36:07 AM »

just a quick update on the chap that was picking up fag ends by tescos his dole had been stopped because he was late getting there he had be made redundant from a boat making place in kiddy iv seen him a few times now he comes home at weekends hes got a full time job down south better pay doing much the same job
and hes happy

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy