Author Topic: Street begging and being homeless  (Read 12613 times)

frederick

Re: Street begging and being homeless
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2018, 11:44:05 AM »
If we hadn't got all this money to wast I don't think you would see many beggars. The councils and the government are doing the same we have plenty of money and if they can they want some of it.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Scipio

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2018, 08:40:25 PM »

I don't consider myself to be a soft touch and rarely give anything to beggars but we were on holiday in Valencia a couple of years ago and outside The Cathedral there was this young women literally crouching on what looked like a tea tray on wheels which she used to drag herself around she looked in a real state so I bunged her a few Euros. 5 minutes later she all but run us over speeding away on a brand new motor scooter.  >:(

I totally ignore people sitting in doorways , holding hands out or whatever stance they are in with or without dogs .I've never seen one of these people in Brum look you squarely in the eye . They spend nearly all the time looking at the floor or staring into oblivion , I've often though if you gave your parents as much eye to eye as you have me , no wonder you're on the streets . O'h and by the way a thought for all the people that do give them money ,have you ever seen Victoria Beckham's eyes anywhere but on the floor ? Must be
some similarity there, get my drift ?
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2018, 08:56:31 PM »
a few year back I was in  Rhodes  you should see the beggars there and not the Greeks   my old mate come back from there last September and I just said how did you get on with the beggars he just said the police was moving them on but not the Greeks   Greeks begging yes he said the place has gone down hill in the last few years  I wonder why that is   
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2018, 10:40:44 PM »

Naming and shaming FAKE BEGGARS clears streets of one UK town in ONE week

FAKE beggars have been driven off the streets of Torbay in just a week after a local campaign encouraged businesses to name and shame people suspected of exploiting residents’ and employees’ generosity.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2018, 11:21:54 PM »
Most you will find are immigrants get them out of the country
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

frederick

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2018, 12:01:23 PM »
We don't see people sitting in the street begging down here. What we do see sometimes in Haverfordwest is  the odd person with the big issue.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2018, 01:36:00 PM »
Most you will find are immigrants get them out of the country

Have you any facts to back this statement up?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2018, 02:48:42 PM »

Have you any facts to back this statement up?

I must say a lot in kiddy are

Have you any facts to back this statement up?  well that a two way question has any one got any facts to disprove it

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2018, 03:41:55 PM »
Now if the statement had said that most beggars in London are immigrants then I would have agreed, but across the UK it's 20% or one out of every five so it's hardly "most".
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2018, 04:18:30 PM »

phil I think the statement made by the police was that one in five was a genuine beggar the  rest was con men now the question to that would be out of that one in five how Meany was from over seas ie the eu now going on what I see in my part of the world most I would say and has you say in London  iv seen them on the streets of Birmingham but never stopped to ask but I know there are a lot about 

the ones in this photo do they look English

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2018, 04:47:35 PM »
Roy

The figures I mention have nothing to do with the police, but as a matter of interest where was that photo taken?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy