Author Topic: Street begging and being homeless  (Read 12584 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: Street begging and being homeless
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2018, 05:05:52 PM »

The figures I mention have nothing to do with the police,so where did you get them figures from phil like the rest of us off the internet or out of the paper
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

countrylad

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2018, 06:06:48 PM »
Naming and shaming FAKE BEGGARS clears streets of one UK town in ONE week

FAKE beggars have been driven off the streets of Torbay in just a week after a local campaign encouraged businesses to name and shame people suspected of exploiting residents’ and employees’ generosity.

I think there are a few fake beggars (scammers) around. Some of them are unsuspecting. Especially if well dressed. I used to see a few in London at the stations particularly in the evenings. They would be well dressed in suits and look like the other commuters. There scam was to politely ask a commuter for some money as they had lost their train fair or lost some of it. Very often they would be given money, especially after about 8 in the evenings as most commuters had been for a few pints before heading out to the suburbs.

Another begging scam is working in Motorway Services' currently. I had heard about it on the radio about a week before it happened to me. I was just getting in the car at the services in Leicester. A guy came out of nowhere and asked could I give him £10 or a fiver as his car had just run out of petrol at the entrance to the car park. He said he had no money, and no phone and he needed to get to see his sick wife in hospital urgently.   

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2018, 06:07:14 PM »
Roy

I could say "Has anyone got any facts to disprove it" but as I have said before I always research anything I say.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/682001/Rough_Sleeping_Autumn_2017_Statistical_Release_-_revised.pdf

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2018, 06:15:28 PM »
but in your own words you can do any thing with numbers and polls

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2018, 07:00:59 PM »
but in your own words you can do any thing with numbers and polls

Like most Roy I doubt you even read it or you would know that it has nothing to do with polls but it was completed  research provided by different agencies. Yes I do agree that figures can be made to say whatever you want them to, but I can't see in this instance how anybody would benefit from manipulated figures.

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2018, 07:17:41 PM »
I know you don't get down this way a lot but you should take a walk down Park Lane,there are 100s of beggars.You only have to see the way they are dressed to see they are foreigners,but they don't seem to get moved on by the police wonder why
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

robx52

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2018, 07:33:09 PM »
On the other hand Edmund, There are hundreds on the streets in Manchester predomentley white british, and the police dont move them on either.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2018, 07:38:41 PM »

On the other hand Edmund, There are hundreds on the streets in Manchester predomentley white british, and the police dont move them on either.

so how do you do that that's amazing how can you look at some one and say hes white British he could be a pole or German or check  or French   I wish I could do that

robx52

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2018, 07:53:22 PM »
I spend a lot of time in Manchester, and at my age i can tell the diffrence bettween a English/Scotish/ Irish accents and european accents, but also goverment satitstics back it up.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2018, 08:12:22 PM »
 i can tell the diffrence bettween a English/Scotish/ Irish accents and european accents,  well we all can do that but if I seen 100s of folk I would have to speak to them  to know I can not tell by just looking]

robx52

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2018, 08:39:24 PM »

Like most Roy I doubt you even read it or you would know that it has nothing to do with polls but it was completed  research provided by different agencies. Yes I do agree that figures can be made to say whatever you want them to, but I can't see in this instance how anybody would benefit from manipulated figures.

Roy just read Phills post again, which incidentley is backed up by another survey carried out by homeless chariities who come to almost identical figures. Both reports put the number of E U migrants at just over 700 sleeping rough in England.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy