Author Topic: The Ringway  (Read 834 times)

Scipio

The Ringway
« on: March 02, 2018, 08:57:38 PM »

Phil I thought about The Ringway the other day , two records that came to mind which were popular at the time you and I were frequenting there were 1910 Fruitgum Co        Simon Says  plus        Pickettywitch    Same Old feeling .  I bet you shook a leg to one or the other like me Phil
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

townie

Re: The Ringway
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 10:58:13 PM »
Wasn't Pickettywitch song That Same Old feeling released in 1970?
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 11:14:43 AM »
Scipio

What I remember most about the Ringway was that although at one time I was in there nearly every night of the week I rarely ever bought a drink there except for the odd glass of Coke. We used to fill up at the Crown at half the price before heading down there. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday being the best nights when you had to pay on the door to get in because they had live groups. Though they were the best nights for finding yourself a young mystery in town for the weekend to experience the bright lights and it was obvious they weren't returning home to Bromsgrove, Worcester or wherever in the middle of the night.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Scipio

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 07:00:07 PM »

Scipio

What I remember most about the Ringway was that although at one time I was in there nearly every night of the week I rarely ever bought a drink there except for the odd glass of Coke. We used to fill up at the Crown at half the price before heading down there. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday being the best nights when you had to pay on the door to get in because they had live groups. Though they were the best nights for finding yourself a young mystery in town for the weekend to experience the bright lights and it was obvious they weren't returning home to Bromsgrove, Worcester or wherever in the middle of the night.

Thanks Phil understood
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy