Author Topic: W Tallis, Gooch Street  (Read 1058 times)

Becsd

W Tallis, Gooch Street
« on: March 16, 2018, 04:40:49 PM »
i have in my possession an old black and white photo, the back of which is a postcard. The rough date of the photo would be 1920's. I am interested in more information on w Tallis which is printed on the back. Would this be a printers or a shop, a person? Any information would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: W Tallis, Gooch Street
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 06:25:08 PM »
Hi Becsd

Welcome to the forum,

William Tallis photographer 243 Gooch Street. He was obviously the maker of the postcard, What is the subject of the postcard? 
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Becsd

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 07:26:30 AM »
Hi Phil
Thank you for the welcome and for the information. It's a photo of my great aunt Ada and great uncle Charlie Ife. It's a photo of their wedding. Very special. Their are other people in the photo that I would like identified just not sure where to start.

Becsd

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 07:47:37 AM »
Is the photographer William Tallis connected at all to Cadbury/bournville? My great aunt used to work for Cadbury.

Many thanks

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 11:38:08 AM »
Is the photographer William Tallis connected at all to Cadbury/bournville? My great aunt used to work for Cadbury.

Many thanks

I'm sorry but I have no information on that question, but I suppose it is entirely possible that he may have done some work for the company at sometime.

As for identifying the people on the photo, I suppose if it's from the 1920 is going to be harder than if it was a recent photo. I suppose you could post it on the forum and ask if anybody recognises anyone on the photo, but I would advise posting as much information as possible with the photo. Though as I said I rate your chances as slim.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy