Author Topic: Charity Adverts  (Read 11439 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Charity Adverts
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 09:26:36 PM »
How many people in the African bush have even got electricity that's needed to charge an I phone let alone a radio mast in the vicinity.

As for appeals for natural disasters such as flood, typhoon and tsunami they can hit all walks of society and money is still needed to help no matter how rich some of the victims may be, they are not all of the same financial standing.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Scipio

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 09:36:33 PM »

Ever since we Europeans stopped robbing the country of it's natural resources and enslaving the population. I doubt we have ever given back a fraction of what we stole.

Phil I don't think it's all about Europeans robbing their resources , there are certain races throughout the world that don't like foreigners on their turf . Phil with respect when questions like this arise ,you always seem to lay the blame back on our doorstep . I wish people would realise it doesn't all revolve around K.u.n.t.e. Kinte(Roots). I do accept there is a certain amount of blame, but how long do people  have to keep on bunging . Phil remember a certain amount of the worlds problems nowadays are not created by Europeans or whoever , they are created by religion a large percentage of which can't stand us , ie the non believer . Immaterial of that those over here and abroad are quite willing to accept the non-believers charity.
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

andy21a

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 11:11:16 PM »
And exactly how much of this aid gets through to the needy with governments helping themselves to it?

An aid convoy intended to bring food and basic medicines to desperate Syrian civilians in Eastern Ghouta was stripped of vital medical supplies as it entered the besieged rebel-held suburbs.

Syrian government authorities removed most medical supplies from the trucks, preventing trauma kits, surgical supplies, insulin and dialysis equipment from reaching the battered enclave of 400,000 people, the World Health Organisation (WHO) said.

And bear in mind that their President, Bashar Al-Assad has a net worth of $1.5 billion (more money than any of us will see in 100 lifetimes). Maybe the charities should target him.

Charity definitely begins at home!

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2018, 11:26:00 PM »
Phil why do you always side with the idea that we robbed the African country's,we bought them into civilisation.We gave them roads,rails ,electric telephones even reservoir s to conserve water,and are still giving them money how many more billions have we got to give to clear the so called debt we owe to the god forgiven country.most of them will soon be over here.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2018, 11:44:02 PM »
Phil why do you always side with the idea that we robbed the African country's,we bought them into civilisation.We gave them roads,rails ,electric telephones even reservoir s to conserve water,and are still giving them money how many more billions have we got to give to clear the so called debt we owe to the god forgiven country.most of them will soon be over here.

Because we did  and not only Africa but all the other world that we colonised how do you colonise another civilizations country. Colonisation is not the correct word we all know we conquered these countries and subjugated their peoples.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2018, 11:54:00 PM »
I think this thread has examined the reasons behind why various charities especially those African based ones seem to rely on the UK (It seems tat way to us). So let us get back to the main topic and that is the charities and their adverts.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Coastal

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2018, 12:47:37 AM »
I find it ironic that when you sign up to some charities, you receive an "adorable" (their words) soft toy of an animal that would in real life, happily rip out your throat given half a chance.

As for all the begging for cash for foreign countries, it's funny how they never tell you what the governments of those countries are doing about the problem, do their leaders travel in luxury cars, how much do they spend on arms etc, or do they just carry on regardless and leave it for everybody else to worry about.

I donate to 6 various charities by standing order/direct debit, and they are all UK based and run charities. 
Do unto others before they do unto you.

frederick

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2018, 10:32:53 AM »
Costal,
Some like Sports relief the money doesn't go to where I-you think it is going. It's not to sport from what I saw of it it is going to children in Africa.......that is after the big earners cream off their cut.     :(
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Coastal

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2018, 11:18:53 AM »
Not being a fan of sports of any kind, Sports Relief is one cause I have never supported, I even object to the money from the Lottery going to sport related organisations, there are a lot of things in life a lot more important than sports.
Do unto others before they do unto you.

Scipio

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2018, 11:26:31 AM »

Not being a fan of sports of any kind, Sports Relief is one cause I have never supported, I even object to the money from the Lottery going to sport related organisations, there are a lot of things in life a lot more important than sports.

Hear Hear Coastal bravo , have you noticed as well how some of these charities have a dance theme involved with them .Enough to say
we're after your money but at least can have a dance with us , I think they got the idea of Mecca bingo , I didn't realise giving away my money could be so entertaining people are saying as they jig around the living room here have another tenner before you ask me . Tell me is life really one big dance to these charities
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2018, 02:21:25 PM »
Scipio,cause life's one big dance when you are in charge of one of these charities.You don't have to work and drag in a huge wage every week.Every thing is Hunky Dori.( have another drink on me )
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy