Author Topic: Charity Adverts  (Read 11440 times)

Scipio

Charity Adverts
« on: March 16, 2018, 09:30:24 PM »
This might sound callous to some , I'll say it all the same I am sick to the back teeth every time you look at the box . £3-00 for water , £3.00 for the dogs , then there is the donkeys both here and abroad , tigers, jaguars, underage foreign brides , £19.00 for the Salvation Army , eye diseases . Now this is a bone of contention with me health appeals , that also award their patrons with a win , so its like a lottery . Here I'll tell you what here's my donation and forget the lotto side of it . It might stop you asking, the tigers and jaguars are the same offering a toy tiger or jaguar, keep them  it might boost your coffers. How much do they think Brits earn , remember it wasn't too long ago that poor woman died , because she couldn't say no to a charity . You'll notice I haven't mentioned about the appeals for clothes etc that come through your letterbox . That's me done go in peace
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Edmund Fifield

Re: Charity Adverts
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 11:37:00 PM »
Don't give over the Internet, only give through the collection box
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

astoness

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 04:26:00 AM »
good advise edmund...this is a very difficult topic because a lot of these adverts can pull at the heart strings....but i do believe that charity begins at home..i like to actually see that good is being done or at least hope it is...ie the pdsa for instance i have used them many times in the past when my cats have needed help and found them really good.....for instance when one of my cats got run over they kept her in for 3 days and also fitted a pin in her hip giving her a long life.....they do not insist on payment but give you an envelope to donate what money if any you can afford so as a thank you to them when times were hard for me i do use our local pdsa charity shop...i shall shortly be adopting a donkey for my little grandson from our local donkey sanctuary because we can take him along at any time to see just how well the donkeys are being cared for...i also give £20 each christmas to the sally army and although you can pay online i always take it personally to the one in the city centre and they are so grateful they ask for my email address so that they can send me thank you and i never get any begging emails from them either just a thank you each year....as i said a difficult subject but i think we just have to be selective in what organisations we help

lyn

frederick

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 12:29:44 PM »
There has been a program on TV about the extreme places some people live in. In the South American forrests, on an ice plane not a tree in site and in the arid desert. And they don't ask for any money at all it's their life and they live it without handouts. Now this sports relief that's going on at the moment I thought it was to raise money to train our athletes. But no it is going to Africa. How man years have they been getting money out of our pockets to feed the Africans.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 12:33:51 PM »
There has been a program on TV about the extreme places some people live in. In the South American forrests, on an ice plane not a tree in site and in the arid desert. And they don't ask for any money at all it's their life and they live it without handouts. Now this sports relief that's going on at the moment I thought it was to raise money to train our athletes. But no it is going to Africa. How man years have they been getting money out of our pockets to feed the Africans.

Ever since we Europeans stopped robbing the country of it's natural resources and enslaving the population. I doubt we have ever given back a fraction of what we stole.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

frederick

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 01:04:52 PM »
That's not a very good answer.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 01:14:50 PM »
That's not a very good answer.

No unpalatable facts never are.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

frederick

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 02:12:22 PM »
I would have thought that the people pushing these adds for free money would be expecting people that have come to paradise, from places like the West Indies, Africa, India and the Arab countries to put their hands in their pockets as well as the British people.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2018, 02:35:10 PM »
So the adverts I see in the papers and hear on the radio and I see on the internet are only addressed to the English born people of this country, have you ever tried to find out how much other nationalities donate to these crises?  You might be surprised.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

frederick

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 03:00:53 PM »
I say people from other countries that have come to paradise to live.

On some of the TV channels in the adds, all you get is the top earners pushing back baby's at you and asking for money. I can see where Scipio is coming from as he must be seeing then time after time.

townie

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 05:56:54 PM »
When these reports come on the tele about depravation and poverty just look how many of these so called victims are on I Phones. 
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy