Author Topic: Charity Adverts  (Read 11412 times)

Scipio

Re: Charity Adverts
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2018, 08:43:31 PM »

Or better still Ed a clean water supply O0

Rob you can't tell me that they have never been told to boil water first then drink later
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

countrylad

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2018, 09:19:43 PM »
I wonder what the charity's' return on investment is with regards to advertising? Advertising is not cheap and there is a lot of it.

My other wonder is. What percentage of every pound raised by the charity goes to the people that the money was raised for?

I think what gets me is that we have been giving with regards to clean water in Africa for 60 years at least (I remember taking my pennies to school for this reason) and it still doesn't get any better, or so we are led to believe. And how much is actually spent on the water supply rather than been diverted by rebels that always seem to be at war.

Coastal

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2018, 09:47:39 PM »
I think it would be a good idea for all charities to have a rating system, just a rough guide that get's updated in line with financial accounts that show the percentages of donations going towards the basic running costs and what goes towards doing the actual work or buying/shipping the required supplies.     
Do unto others before they do unto you.

Scipio

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2018, 10:02:57 PM »

I wonder what the charity's' return on investment is with regards to advertising? Advertising is not cheap and there is a lot of it.

My other wonder is. What percentage of every pound raised by the charity goes to the people that the money was raised for?

I think what gets me is that we have been giving with regards to clean water in Africa for 60 years at least (I remember taking my pennies to school for this reason) and it still doesn't get any better, or so we are led to believe. And how much is actually spent on the water supply rather than been diverted by rebels that always seem to be at war.

I'd agree with you there Countrylad, I remember littles envelopes given at school when I was young, there was a saying teach a man to fish and you feed him for the rest of his life . Doesn't this rub off on to other things as well . I won't give to charities, reason being when Mr or Mrs XYZ down the road hasn't got to wait 12 months for a hip replacement, when everybody has got the level of medical care they need , plus the fact when oap's are not afraid to turn the central heating on . When there are enough kidney dialysis  machines for the youngsters, and every hospital has 21st century scanning machines instead of these scanners built in  a hole in the wall  , I could go on and on . Then I might be persuaded to give  , is that Utopia do you think ?
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

frederick

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2018, 05:24:20 PM »
And the starving kids and the mother looks as fit as a butchers dog. A fool and his money are soon parted.     :(    Been in the Tenby life boat station today they do a dangerusely wonderful thing and are only there because of donations. I contribute knowing the money goes to the RNLI.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Coastal

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2018, 08:12:50 PM »
The RNLI is one of my favourites, a good few years back I was the treasurer of the Kings Heath and Moseley Branch, and no we didn't have our own boat,  ;D can you imagine the slipway.

They also have quite a good overheads/cause ratio.
Do unto others before they do unto you.

Spud

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2018, 08:51:08 AM »
Would it not be wonderful if the people running charities instead of taking home huge salaries they gave their time for free. Then again I am still looking for my first flying pig.
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2018, 09:38:26 AM »
We can all Fantasie Spud,it would be nice to see all these so called Stars do somethings for free sometimes
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

townie

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2018, 09:39:12 AM »
There are lots of members on this forum who give generously to charity's . If they haven't seen where their money is going by now, then let them carry on lining the pockets of the rich. This is what is on the internet, you can believe or not. 30 charity chiefs paid more than £100,000. 
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

emerald

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2018, 02:42:36 PM »
If you google ' Charity Executives and their Pay'  you can see how much they are getting.

countrylad

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2018, 06:00:25 PM »

I'd agree with you there Countrylad, I remember littles envelopes given at school when I was young, there was a saying teach a man to fish and you feed him for the rest of his life . Doesn't this rub off on to other things as well . I won't give to charities, reason being when Mr or Mrs XYZ down the road hasn't got to wait 12 months for a hip replacement, when everybody has got the level of medical care they need , plus the fact when oap's are not afraid to turn the central heating on . When there are enough kidney dialysis  machines for the youngsters, and every hospital has 21st century scanning machines instead of these scanners built in  a hole in the wall  , I could go on and on . Then I might be persuaded to give  , is that Utopia do you think ?
Scipio, I don't think it's utopia, I think it's a standard that we should be achieved. You are not asking too much here.
countrylad

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy