Author Topic: Charity Adverts  (Read 11355 times)

countrylad

Re: Charity Adverts
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2018, 06:12:28 PM »
We can all Fantasie Spud,it would be nice to see all these so called Stars do somethings for free sometimes
I agree Edmund, recently I heard that a group of women celebrities were paid quite a sum for raising breast cancer awareness, a worthy cause. They raised £4000.00 which was about a tenth of what was paid to the celebrities.

Yet, some celebrities will soon jump on their soapboxes complaining that the government is not putting enough money in the pot.

robx52

« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2018, 07:44:42 PM »
There are a lot of celebs, football stars ect who donate money and work behind the scenes, they just choose not to shout about it.

Someone who comes to mind is Jerermy Beadle, who, after his death it was discovered that he had raised £millions for charity O0

Scipio

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2018, 08:50:38 PM »

I agree Edmund, recently I heard that a group of women celebrities were paid quite a sum for raising breast cancer awareness, a worthy cause. They raised £4000.00 which was about a tenth of what was paid to the celebrities.

Yet, some celebrities will soon jump on their soapboxes complaining that the government is not putting enough money in the pot.

Countrylad good point well made , you know as well as I do these celebs could right  these so called deficits , themselves by dibbing in to their own wealth. Celebs such as Bono and Geldof could under right the country that's lacking national debt , Mr Geldof in the 80's slammed someone for suggesting Durex as not being the answer . Well tell me BOB , what is the answer? The amount of mouths you have now you'll have even more in nine months . I think governments whichever the party will get a slating , why not slam the government of the country that's lacking . Instead of seeing themselves alright first , or cosying up to terrorists with the proceeds
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2018, 11:38:34 PM »
Always envisaged giving birth pills instead of money,but religion want allow it
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Scipio

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2018, 10:29:01 PM »
Imagine this everything in the world is rosy no-one needs a thing no-ones hungry or no shortage of clean water life's idyllic , When all of a sudden there is one hell of a calamity in Great Britain , would the people this country and many others have helped out, return the favour and have a whip round for us ? What are your thoughts
Mark Twain

Coastal

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2018, 12:20:54 AM »
Probably not, people in this country have been giving to some of these countries for years, either by direct donation or through taxes.
Personally I only give to UK charities, where the money goes to those in need here, and there are plenty of them.
Do unto others before they do unto you.

Scipio

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2018, 10:33:13 AM »

Probably not, people in this country have been giving to some of these countries for years, either by direct donation or through taxes.
Personally I only give to UK charities, where the money goes to those in need here, and there are plenty of them.

Coastal years ago I used to have a go on the pools with cancer research , on Sunday evenings  I used to love to  watch The Money Programme on BBC2, well this one particular evening . It was announced that two thirds of their income is speculated on the stock exchange , the pools season was on a break , when the footie season was due to restart the collector came around to ask if we were going to continue , I told him no in no uncertain words .That's why I don't give to charities there was a titbit on the telly a few years ago that said about £75 million of Live Aid found its way to the local terrorist cell , I don't know how much
these people in charities think we're on .Plus the fact there is always a new one bouncing up, it's the same with the animal ones
you send us this much and we'll send you a cuddly snow leopard or whatever is they are collecting for . No I don't want a letter or a cuddly crocodile , surely by sending all this tommyrot out, this brings you into the rut you're collecting for . Save sending the free gifts out that will help you, free up a bit more viewing time on the box. My apologies for sounding very Ebenezerish .
Mark Twain

emerald

« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2018, 03:14:44 PM »
I suppose it's easy to say they should use contraception especially where the birth rate is high. They live differently to us, as was said before religion gets in the way.  A lot of people have children as extra labour. Extra labour brings extra income.

Scipio

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2018, 09:00:34 PM »

I suppose it's easy to say they should use contraception especially where the birth rate is high. They live differently to us, as was said before religion gets in the way.  A lot of people have children as extra labour. Extra labour brings extra income.

The forum can make what they like of these thoughts of mine , anyway here goes . People through the ages have always tried to give their offsprings a better way of life/upbringing than they have had . Whereas countries of high population figures seem to adopt the complete opposite of this , it seems to me their motto is however hard I had it you'll have it twice as bad . Surely some of these countries should adopt what was China's policy of some years thirty plus years whereby couples could only have one child . As I've said before on here , if it's not nuclear war that kills us , it was said back in the 60's PROLIFERATION will.
Mark Twain

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2018, 11:20:48 PM »
I get so sad but to me religion is to blame for world population growth..
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Scipio

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2018, 08:40:56 PM »

I get so sad but to me religion is to blame for world population growth..

Not only that Edmund, plenty of wars too . That another thread though
Mark Twain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy