Author Topic: It's a work of art?  (Read 27263 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
It's a work of art?
« on: April 29, 2008, 05:41:48 PM »
Not having an artistic bone in my body, I was encouraged today to read in the Birmingham Mail I can produce a work of art. All I have do do is jump in my car drive it down the road and wrap it round a tree. 

Hey presto I am responsible for a work of art.  I don't think so, who do they think they are kidding?

If your eyes are better than mine you should be able to read the stoty.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

foxyfish

Re: It's a work of art?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 07:13:27 PM »
I have the mail most nights,couldn't believe it wouldn't like it outside my house. How much was it, whose was it ? what an eyesore.

Langstraat

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 11:32:26 PM »
Looks like a promotion for the book 'Crash' it's certainly attracted the attention it set out to do.
oh the power of 'marketing'
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and try to beat you with experience.

tramp

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 03:09:06 AM »
Phil and Foxyfish,

George Cadbury would undoubtedly be most be envious of what is an obviously smashing success. 

The planning must have been meticulous to achieve that wide variety of angles and such delightful damage and yet leave the other side of the car pristine, dare one say 'virginal' without being seen as encouraging Crash afficionados and participants to unfettered sexual arousal - in accordance with the small print.   

It's when I see garbage like this that I'm even more glad that I left the country.

tramp

Flug

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 08:05:24 AM »
Looks to be right up there with that other great con "artist" Tracy Emin.

Bannion

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 04:35:31 PM »
Flug,
Sure this should fit nicely into the definition under the Litter Act.

Guess we are back to the PC plod's professionalism, we have referred to on another section.   

Flug

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 09:30:29 PM »
I couldn't possibly comment Bannion

Flug

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 10:25:17 PM »
Its makes me feel sad that the Council can waste the ratepayers money on schemes like this, when they refuse money to causes like the Birmingham Nature Centre. Who have got to re home the Lynx's due to the fact that the council won't fund a badly needed new enclosure.

No they would rather waste money on this rubbish, aggrandising a rubbish author of a rubbish book that was made into a rubbish film.  Way to go Birmingham.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Flug

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 01:07:27 PM »
I have realised that there is a positive slant to this thread....the car looks like a BMW....Hurrah!!!

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 01:12:21 PM »
Hate to disappoint you Flug, but its a Merc.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

frederick

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 04:08:52 PM »
have you noticed most of the arty things that are put up now aren't painted it is left to rust i suppose it saves on the cost of having them painted yearly you see them abroad everywhere   :-\
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy