Author Topic: City Circle Number 19 Route.  (Read 13411 times)

JudithM

Re: City Circle Number 19 Route.
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 01:06:56 PM »
Looking forward to this route  :)
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2018, 06:41:14 PM »
Right time to make a start, so for the purpose of displaying this route we will take a clockwise direction and start at where mt rout list and bus stage lists start, at Benacre Street. With this route I have made a few assumptions especially where there was no indication of how one point from another was reached.

As I say we start our journey in Benacre Street heading toward Bristol Road, at BristolRoad we turn right and head toward the city, but at the beginning of the Horsefair  we turn left onto Great Colmore Street at the Bell Public House.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2018, 06:45:34 PM »
We now head uphill on Great Colmore Street to Cregoe Street where we take a right turn and head toward Holloway Head where we cross and enter Granville with St Thomas's church steeple on our right.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2018, 06:57:15 PM »
Heading up Granville Street now toward Broad Street and finding the Westward Ho on the left corner, crossing Broad Street into Sheepcote Street ad we head down Sheepcote Street we pass the Midland Red Garage,
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Scipio

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2018, 09:23:14 PM »

Right time to make a start, so for the purpose of displaying this route we will take a clockwise direction and start at where mt rout list and bus stage lists start, at Benacre Street. With this route I have made a few assumptions especially where there was no indication of how one point from another was reached.

As I say we start our journey in Benacre Street heading toward Bristol Road, at BristolRoad we turn right and head toward the city, but at the beginning of the Horsefair  we turn left onto Great Colmore Street at the Bell Public House.

Excellent so far Phil
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2018, 11:56:55 AM »
Continuing down Sheepcote street we pass over the first of two canal bridges and then at the junction of St Vincent Street we see on our left before we turn right the railway wharf now known as the roundhouse and the Fiddle & Bone public house. We travel along St Vincent Street until we reach King Edward Street where we cross over and head down Summerhill Road passing the Old Robin Hood pub on the corner of Garbett Street as we do go.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2018, 12:33:55 PM »
We are now looking back down Summerhill Road before passing Summerhill Terrace with the retirement home on the corner before turning right onto Powell Street with the Stores public house on the corner.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

JudithM

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2018, 01:09:47 PM »
We now head uphill on Great Colmore Street to Cregoe Street where we take a right turn and head toward Holloway Head where we cross and enter Granville with St Thomas's church steeple on our right.
I walk past St Thomas on the way to work in the morning (the bus drops me off next to it on Bath Row).  It's looking very neglected now & the tower has fencing round as there's masonry in danger of falling off.  Such a shame - especially as it's supposed to be a memorial to all those killed in armed conflict. 

I'd imagine that if it were in a more prominent position rather better care would have been taken of it.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2018, 01:43:57 PM »
We have now crossed over Camden Street and are heading along Albion Street passing the George & Dragon and then the Fire Station. Then we are at the junction of Frederick Street where we turn left where just before Warstone Lane we pass the Vittoria Restaurant on our left.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2018, 11:44:49 AM »
At the Warstone Lane junction on our left is a branch of the Midland Bank on the right is the Rose Villa public house and in the middle of the road stands The Chamberlain Clock. passing down Vyse street we pause outside what is now called Brookfields Cemetery to look back the way we have come.

Thanks to Mikejee for the use of a couple of photos from his collection of a couple of photos on this section of the route.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2018, 12:31:06 PM »
Continuing down Vyse Street we pass the cast iron urinal that still stands today where Hockley train and tram station stands. At Hockley Hill we cross over and continue on down Well Street. At the New John Street junction we turn right and our next junction is Great Hampton Row.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy