Author Topic: City Circle Number 19 Route.  (Read 13441 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: City Circle Number 19 Route.
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2018, 11:26:41 AM »
Further up the road we pass Liverpool Street ans the now derelict building that was once the Albion public house, then on the other side of the road on the bend in the road we pass the Wagon & Horses and then at the junction of Bordesley High Street the Rainbow.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

astoness

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2018, 03:53:00 AM »
phil ive been in the waggon and horses recently...nice old pub..down to earth type well worth a look in

lyn

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2018, 12:37:16 PM »
At the end of Adderley Street we do a right turn into the High Street for a short distance to Alcester Street where we do a left turn where we see both sides of the street, Continuing on we come to WArwick Street on our left and the Spotted Dog public house.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2018, 12:49:02 PM »
We have now crossed over Bradford Street and we are looking back toward the High Street, further along still looking in the same direction having just passed St Anne's and the Rowton House we are outside Highate Park. Further down the road and after crossing Leopold Street we reach Vaughton Street and St Martins Flats.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2018, 12:53:59 PM »
We travel long Vaughton Street to it's junction with Angelina Street, from where the name of the road changes to Vaughton Street South.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2018, 01:01:58 PM »
At the end of Vaughton Street South we find Gooch Street and then it is just a short distance to Benacre Street and the end of our journey.

As I said this is the route as I worked it out from the list of Stage stops at the beginning of the thread and a couple of other references I managed to glean from some of my books. So let me apolgise now if I got any part of the route wrong, but there is not a lot of information to be found out there.

Let me know if there is another route or anything else you would like to see.

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

townie

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2018, 02:08:31 PM »
The number 15 would be a good one as it runs from Whittington Oval all across town and onto Hamstead or the 16 which is the return.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Scipio

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2018, 09:12:51 PM »

At the end of Vaughton Street South we find Gooch Street and then it is just a short distance to Benacre Street and the end of our journey.

Phil excellent job on the number 19, I am at a loss though I know for a fact that I got on this bus on a Saturday morning outside a Ford
dealer, which was on the corner of Granville St and Holliday St and took me on the Icknield Port Rd along Barford Rd. Where the driver stopped clocked the bundy clock, then back along Dudley Rd to Icknield Port Rd and back home to Granville St then carried on his journey.  Yet there is no mention of Icknield Port Rd in either the list of stages or your illustrated route . Was the bus I got on as a kid the Magic Bus that The Who sang about . I need to delve further into this route Good job anyway

As I said this is the route as I worked it out from the list of Stage stops at the beginning of the thread and a couple of other references I managed to glean from some of my books. So let me apolgise now if I got any part of the route wrong, but there is not a lot of information to be found out there.

Let me know if there is another route or anything else you would like to see.
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2018, 10:43:41 PM »
Scipio

I can tell you that through the years there were many changes to the route, especially toward the end of it's time. For instance I show the route starting in Benacre Street, but after that street disappeared it used Wrentham Street and Gooch Street North to get from Bristol Street to Vaughton Street (see photo) and if you look at the photo of the 19 bus turning left into Bordesley High Street when it should be turning right. I suppose they were using Heath Mill Lane by then to get to Lawley Street.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Scipio

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2018, 10:48:52 PM »

Scipio

I can tell you that through the years there were many changes to the route, especially toward the end of it's time. For instance I show the route starting in Benacre Street, but after that street disappeared it used Wrentham Street and Gooch Street North to get from Bristol Street to Vaughton Street (see photo) and if you look at the photo of the 19 bus turning left into Bordesley High Street when it should be turning right. I suppose they were using Heath Mill Lane by then to get to Lawley Street.

Thanks for that info Phil
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

deebank

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2020, 09:14:46 PM »
Further up the road we pass Liverpool Street ans the now derelict building that was once the Albion public house, then on the other side of the road on the bend in the road we pass the Wagon & Horses and then at the junction of Bordesley High Street the Rainbow.
this is 104 Liverpool street [corner building].

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy