Author Topic: Where is or was Mount Pleasant School in Balsall Heath?  (Read 2121 times)

cocacolakid

Where is or was Mount Pleasant School in Balsall Heath?
« on: March 23, 2018, 12:56:53 PM »
I came across an old topic about Mount Pleasant School in Balsall Heath, I am wondering where it was, or where it is. if it still exists. Anyone got any info/pictures of said school, please.
                                                                                                                                       [ Malc.

Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Where is or was Mount Pleasant School in Balsall Heath?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 04:18:11 PM »
Hi Malc

Mount Pleasant School was in Balsall Heath situated between Balsall Heath Road  and Belgrave Road and was built across the middle of Sherbourne Road. It was built at the end of the 60's but didn't last long as a school and was turned into a Leisure Centre some years before t was decided to demolish.

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

cocacolakid

Re: Where is or was Mount Pleasant School in Balsall Heath?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 10:57:28 AM »
Hi Phil, Thanks for the Info And photo of Mount pleasant School.  I never knew about that school, only the Percy Shurmer School At the bottom end of Sherbourne Rd and the what used to be River St.
                                                                                                                                       Malc.
Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy