Author Topic: Castle Bromwich  (Read 1359 times)

shirfar

Castle Bromwich
« on: March 23, 2018, 11:30:12 PM »
Please has anyone info on the City Hospital  Castle Bromwich 1941 to help me with my Family History search.

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Castle Bromwich
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 10:51:03 AM »
Hi Shirfar

Welcome to the forum,  I'm afraid my knowledge of Castle Bromwich is very limited, but we do have people on the forum that lived there that should be able to help you. I have to be honest I have never heard of a hospital in Castle Bromwich, but as I said my knowledge is limited. I have just one question are you sure it is not the City Sanatorium at Little Bromwich you are seeking?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

GardenGerald

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 04:32:17 PM »
Hello Phil
No mention of any type of hospital in Castle Bromwich. Nearest hospital Coleshill.
There was the Isolation hospital in Little Bromwich.
Gerald.

townie

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 09:09:53 PM »
Shirfar I have to agree with Garden Gerald there is no trace of a hospital in Castle Bromwich. I read this on Wikipedia. Harvey's Drapery Shop, originally it was a druggist's (the only one between Birmingham and Coleshill. The visiting doctor from Coleshill arrived on horseback to take his surgery in a room in the house
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

shirfar

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 05:49:43 PM »
 to the 3 members who kindly replied to my request  ....Thankyou so much for the info ....I hadnt given Little Bromwich a thought and looking again at the Death certificate I had sent for ( the writing is a bit scribbly) I can now see that that is indeed what it is.  So now I can investigate further.  A friend had suggested I post this query which again I hadnt thought of doing myself and I am so very very glad I did. I hope this reaches you all.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 06:41:47 PM »
Shirfar

Only glad the forum was able to help.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy