Author Topic: Borstal  (Read 16735 times)

Edmund Fifield

Re: Borstal
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2018, 11:27:37 PM »
We have all lived a different life to today's youngsters,9 times out of 10 these stabbings and murders are all to do with drugs and gang warfare,But people are afraid to say that it's mostly the immigrant population that it concerns,because it might upset them
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

emerald

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2018, 03:02:49 PM »
Have you ever watched the programme Banged Up Abroad. Maybe if our prisons were like some of those in other countries the criminals would think twice about committing a crime.

Scipio

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2018, 08:44:22 PM »

Have you ever watched the programme Banged Up Abroad. Maybe if our prisons were like some of those in other countries the criminals would think twice about committing a crime.

Emerald I couldn't bring myself to watch something like that , Brits misbehaving abroad . It's almost the same as seeing people from other countries coming to Britain and abusing the system of this great country of ours . As you can probably see I'm a very firm follower of "When in Rome"etc
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

countrylad

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2018, 12:16:36 AM »
Scipio, you're absolutely right. We do judge foreign nationals in a particular way. Therefore if we see a foreign national acting in a particular way, we would consider the rest of their fellow citizens to be the same. It does make you wonder therefore why would the EU other than for monitory terms want to keep the UK in the EU....

JudithM

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2018, 01:32:37 PM »
I think a lot of it is down to respect, or lack of.

There seems to be a twisted meaning of respect amongst some groups these days.  There appears to be a move away from people thinking they should have respect for the needs and feelings of others towards thinking everyone should have respect for them.  You hear of stabbings where the victim is said to have 'disrespected' someone because they wouldn't give them a cigarette, or that they asked them to stop harassing their girlfriend, or somesuch.

It's a very self-centred view where the values of others (individuals or countries) aren't considered.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Scipio

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2018, 09:00:55 PM »

I think a lot of it is down to respect, or lack of.

There seems to be a twisted meaning of respect amongst some groups these days.  There appears to be a move away from people thinking they should have respect for the needs and feelings of others towards thinking everyone should have respect for them.  You hear of stabbings where the victim is said to have 'disrespected' someone because they wouldn't give them a cigarette, or that they asked them to stop harassing their girlfriend, or somesuch.

It's a very self-centred view where the values of others (individuals or countries) aren't considered.

Judith respect is respect , I respect your point of view . I would hope you respect mine , what with these divs standing on a street corner talking about dissing this and dissing that, has probably led to a lot of the killings . They are good at mentioning the word respect do they actually know what it means . You can't make someone respect you , people earn respect , I've worked for several bosses that I never respected, they never came after me with a knife though, perhaps they came to realise no-0ne respected them , then moved on .
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

JudithM

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2018, 01:03:39 PM »

Judith respect is respect , I respect your point of view . I would hope you respect mine , what with these divs standing on a street corner talking about dissing this and dissing that, has probably led to a lot of the killings . They are good at mentioning the word respect do they actually know what it means . You can't make someone respect you , people earn respect , I've worked for several bosses that I never respected, they never came after me with a knife though, perhaps they came to realise no-0ne respected them , then moved on .

True, respect is something earned rather than imposed.

Some people think that 'respect' means that everyone else should pander to their whims or give them their stuff.  As you say, they do not know what the word means.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2018, 01:12:30 PM »
The stupid football Respect thing gets me.On the pitch they ll try to break ever players legs

JudithM

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2018, 01:20:28 PM »
The stupid football Respect thing gets me.On the pitch they ll try to break ever players legs
And they'll justify it by saying the other player 'disrespected' them by trying to take the ball off them.....

Spud

« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2018, 04:45:05 PM »
The Borstol System was abolished in 1982 and replaced with Youth Custody Centres

As regards Football it sounds from previous post that Judith or Edmund follow Football let alone have ever played the game no player goes on the field to deliberately break another players legs. Yes there are some hard tackles but this is a contact sport. The number of serious injuries during a season is really quite small considering the number of games. I played competetive football from the age of 10 until I was around 37 and only once had a bad injury this was when I went into a tackle and came off worse but no way would I blame the opposing player.
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2018, 05:00:00 PM »
Spud,times have changed its all about win at all costs ,you only have to listen and see some of the antics the players do and the managers talk to safeguard there jobs from these idiots of chairmen who all want to win the league and the Europa cup but don't want to spend any money on the so called good players.Football never used to be like that in our youth,it was about winning but not at the expense of hurting other players.I blame a lot of it on the silly boots they wear today ,no protection at all

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy