Author Topic: Borstal  (Read 16739 times)

Scipio

Borstal
« on: May 02, 2018, 07:10:06 PM »

Does Borstal still exist , if it does surely these brats as young as twelve involved in the trouble at Dale End if caught ought to be automatically sent there, without question  . These gangs of schmucks , do not need prosecution/defence representation , if they are like this at twelve what are they going to be like at twenty ? Whatever happened to hide n seek , marbles , five jacks . If that had been one of my kids years ago , I'd have given them a damn good slap, the mere threat years ago of using a piece of bamboo cane in our house certainly cooled my threes over zealousness . Hence I've got three well balanced/mannered and courteous kids likewise their offsprings 
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: Borstal
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 07:22:00 PM »

Does Borstal still exist  yes in away they call them young offenders under 21 or yp  but in days gone by you got six months to two years in a borstal and you could get a trade  and you did not have to do much to get sent to borstal   today you almost have to kill some one to get put away
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Scipio

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 07:37:53 PM »

Does Borstal still exist  yes in away they call them young offenders under 21 or yp  but in days gone by you got six months to two years in a borstal and you could get a trade  and you did not have to do much to get sent to borstal   today you almost have to kill some one to get put away

Mores the pity Roy , I've been saying for the last four or five years Gt Britain unfortunately is heading toward anarchy . You tell people you can't do this that or the other,  the more they do it . It's nothing to do with police cuts or any other sort of cut, the basis is good parenting , how can you talk to someone older when they've permanently got their head stuck into a mobile phone . They can't even push a pram without a phone up to their nose
Mark Twain

countrylad

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 07:40:14 PM »
Interesting times, there has always been the rogues, vandals etc. It seems more widespread these days, as if there is no respect for self or others. As in persons or belongings. There almost seems a defiance in the youngsters.

Is it the parenting, the food or what they are exposed to on telly or the net. As a nipper is was always scared if I did anything wrong because of the consequence of getting my old mans leather belt across my bare back-side.

Scipio

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 08:25:21 PM »

Interesting times, there has always been the rogues, vandals etc. It seems more widespread these days, as if there is no respect for self or others. As in persons or belongings. There almost seems a defiance in the youngsters.

Is it the parenting, the food or what they are exposed to on telly or the net. As a nipper is was always scared if I did anything wrong because of the consequence of getting my old mans leather belt across my bare back-side.

Countrylad there are umpteen causes as per the experts , blue smarties , something else that kicks of ADHD . My opinion , I never heard of all these things when I was growing up in the 50's , reason I don't think they existed , my GDaughter 11yo watches these kids programmes from the USA the kids immaterial of age in these programmes albeit 5 or 15 , have got too much to say for themselves . They are old before their time 5yo talking like 50yo , thinking about it when we were kids there was restraint , there is none nowadays , as long as they are quiet parents can carry on Facebook etc
Mark Twain

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 09:16:46 PM »

when I was a kid having no dad my mom had to be both and she was strong in will power  no meant no go to bed meant go  to bed now not an hour later I never asked for any thing because I new I would not get it
 I would not dare to answer back and a police man was called sir but what I did have was love and mom had time for me we would sit a play cards  or snakes and ladders and now and then she would take me to the pictures has a treat  no one had a phone stuck to there face kids went on foot to school 40 plus to a class play  up you got the stick one thing we all had in common we all had nothing   and respect

Scipio

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 09:50:12 PM »

when I was a kid having no dad my mom had to be both and she was strong in will power  no meant no go to bed meant go  to bed now not an hour later I never asked for any thing because I new I would not get it
 I would not dare to answer back and a police man was called sir but what I did have was love and mom had time for me we would sit a play cards  or snakes and ladders and now and then she would take me to the pictures has a treat  no one had a phone stuck to there face kids went on foot to school 40 plus to a class play  up you got the stick one thing we all had in common we all had nothing   and respect

Roy our lives are almost running parallel , my parents were separated when I was about 18months old , so I never knew mine either
Mark Twain

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 10:21:08 PM »

its been said so Meany times he comes from a Brocken home hes had different dads its a shame for him its not his fault   this is said by the tree huggers  who just have not got a clue about life the law has gone soft no one has respect for any thing easy come easy go mom can you do this for me   not now you know I'm on face book and then the kids says  your always on fffffff ing face book you hear the moms with there kids in the supermarkets or in town fffing this ffffing to there kids    two things they seem to have in common one is a phone stuck to there face and they are always filling there face and no time for there kids who  are left to do just has they like

jail bate that's how they end up

Scipio

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 10:35:40 PM »

its been said so Meany times he comes from a Brocken home hes had different dads its a shame for him its not his fault   this is said by the tree huggers  who just have not got a clue about life the law has gone soft no one has respect for any thing easy come easy go mom can you do this for me   not now you know I'm on face book and then the kids says  your always on fffffff ing face book you hear the moms with there kids in the supermarkets or in town fffing this ffffing to there kids    two things they seem to have in common one is a phone stuck to there face and they are always filling there face and no time for there kids who  are left to do just has they like

jail bate that's how they end up

Roy I couldn't have put it better myself
Mark Twain

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 11:33:15 PM »
I'm sorry but  education on living went out when Labour bought out no smacking,you didn't have to belt a child to correct them just a  threat would do.It happened to me loads of times and soon taught me to respect what my parents wanted of me.I soon learned.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Spud

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2018, 08:18:14 AM »
I am sure I have said before that my youngest daughter has worked in Education at various levels for over 20 years. She works for a fairly large comprehensive some 15 miles from in a quite rural area not some inner city school. She has always been really enthusiastic about her work always at her desk by 8 am staying over after school overseeing various school clubs volunteering for field trip etc. Over the last few months I have noticed a change in her attitude I am not saying that she does not care, but she tells me of students just walking out of classes because they don't fancy the subject. She has been attacked some yobo tried to hit her over the head with a chair. She took a party of 15 year olds to Spain flying from Birmingham meaning an early start for the coach trip to Birmingham Airport only to be met by a barrage of abuse by parents complaining about the early start. On the return flight other passengers complained about the behavior of Students. I think the final straw comes when parents complain to teachers about the amount of time their offspring spend on line on mobile phones while they are at home just what are their parents doing about it themselves.
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy