Author Topic: World Cup 2018  (Read 8693 times)

Spud

World Cup 2018
« on: July 09, 2018, 08:04:32 AM »
'Bout time we had a World Cup Thread our lads are doing us proud. Yes Football is everywhere. I was in Tescos just after 7am on Saturday and what was being played over the PA the Match of the Day theme
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

robx52

Re: World Cup 2018
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 02:19:42 PM »
Totally agree Spud,they have surpassed everyone's expectations. O0

sky1

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 06:26:34 PM »
It's been so excitin watching thro my fingers lol  O0

Scipio

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 08:35:09 PM »
'Bout time we had a World Cup Thread our lads are doing us proud. Yes Football is everywhere. I was in Tescos just after 7am on Saturday and what was being played over the PA the Match of the Day theme

I agree about the team , the spectators leave a lot to be desired , just shows how times have changed since dare I say it ? 1966
Imagine these mobs of spectators taken back in time to Leicester Square in 1945 celebrating the end of war . I dread to think
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Spud

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 10:28:28 AM »
See what you mean Scipio but the Supporters do seem to be quite well behaved lets hope it continues one other point The Russians really seem to have organised the whole affair pretty well.
Got me Crisps Cheese and me Bottle of Pino ready for tonight O0
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 11:02:05 AM »
There's always a few drunken idiots in every city.Dont know what they will do if we loose.Ime happy tho I've still got Gareths autograph on the1982 European Cup Winners first day cover,might be worth something if we win.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 11:03:56 AM »
If we do win,will it be Sir Gareth

Scipio

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 10:04:13 PM »

Dare I be the first to say it It's Not Coming Home , alas Gareth's  team played a great  game, probably the best team since 1966, bar none . We've seen them come and play over the years, cry for England some years ago all to no avail , greatest thing about this team there were no household names in the teams no Prima Donna just guts and enthusiasm . Youngsters who were over the moon to be there
unlike them that went before over the years . Massive Salutations to you gentlemen you served your country well but alas there is only one winner and the day was not to be your's . Well Done
Mark Twain

Scipio

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 10:11:31 PM »
If we do win,will it be Sir Gareth

I don't see why Edmund , there are a lot more people in this country deserve a knighthood far more than sportspeople . People who defended this country from various forces of evil . Achievements like I can run faster than my fellow competitors cuts no meat with me
they'll be dishing them out for tiddleywink champions shortly ,. Sorry to be a stick in the mud , it's just the way I feel about these things
Mark Twain

Scipio

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2018, 10:13:49 PM »
There's always a few drunken idiots in every city.Dont know what they will do if we loose.Ime happy tho I've still got Gareths autograph on the1982 European Cup Winners first day cover,might be worth something if we win.

Well we'll probably find out either tonight or in the morning
Mark Twain

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 10:14:22 PM »
 :idiot2: :idiot2: I have never in my life seen such inept reffereing in all my life so much pulling tugging and disgraceful tackling in all my footballing life .The refeereing was diabolical.only 2 red cards in all the matches.If I had been a ref some sides would have been down to 5 aside .DISGRACEFUL. :idiot2: :idiot2:

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy