Author Topic: World Cup 2018  (Read 8697 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: World Cup 2018
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2018, 10:15:02 PM »
well we had a good run they did well for England
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2018, 11:27:20 PM »
That's not the point,we did well with such a young team,but the other teams where gross.We needed a Vinny Jones to do a few Nut crackers like he did on Gascoinge.That would have slowed them down a bit
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

sky1

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018, 07:12:04 AM »
Gutted  :( :( :(

Scipio

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2018, 10:16:36 AM »
That's not the point,we did well with such a young team,but the other teams where gross.We needed a Vinny Jones to do a few Nut crackers like he did on Gascoinge.That would have slowed them down a bit

Well well Edmund you surprise me of all people I would never have guessed that you went in for nobbling the opposition , it was a good clean game by England it's a pity there's not more of it in day to day matches
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2018, 10:23:27 AM »
Scipio.after seeing some of the tackles and body checking it was worse than Ice hockey.Thank god we don't see that kind of thing every Saturday.

Scipio

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2018, 10:28:22 AM »
Scipio.after seeing some of the tackles and body checking it was worse than Ice hockey.Thank god we don't see that kind of thing every Saturday.

To be honest Edmund I'm sure a lot of what the Croatian team were doing were delaying tactics so the time would tick on by
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Spud

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2018, 12:47:10 PM »
Understand from Local TV news that there were quite s few incidents drunkeness and disorder around the Midlands after the Final Whistle jut why does it have to happen.
As for the game I don't believe England were the same team the after half time they just could not get the ball. Modric came into his own we kept him penned in his own half during the first half but he had the run of the pitch during the second half. Sterling was running at the Croatia defence for the first 45 minutes but he and Kane were anonymous during the second half and extra time. But the lads did much better than most people including myself expected and gave a lot of pleasure to many people. And we should remember we are a young side and Croatia are a pretty battle hardened outfit.
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2018, 03:05:35 PM »
Scipio,thank god I played football in the era I did.Think I might have got a few Red cards punching these forwards heads as a Goalkeeper.I was always told by our manager STAN HUNT look after yourself the 6 yard box is your domain

astoness

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2018, 04:56:18 PM »
Dare I be the first to say it It's Not Coming Home , alas Gareth's  team played a great  game, probably the best team since 1966, bar none . We've seen them come and play over the years, cry for England some years ago all to no avail , greatest thing about this team there were no household names in the teams no Prima Donna just guts and enthusiasm . Youngsters who were over the moon to be there
unlike them that went before over the years . Massive Salutations to you gentlemen you served your country well but alas there is only one winner and the day was not to be your's . Well Done

totally agree with you john...i was lucky enough to see us win the world cup in 66..just shy of 13 years old...watched it on a little black and white tv in our front room...the feeling i had that day and the pride will always be with me..fed up of hearing the negatives as i walked round the shops today ie ..."we should have won that in the first half" maybe thats true but this is a young inexperienced side but who have in my humble opinion a great manager.....AND HE IS ENGLISH :) [size=78%]....at the start of this campaign if you had been told that england would finish in the last 4 or even better still the last 3 (to be decided on saturday) you would have taken that wouldnt you..? i know i would have... as for sir garath...no not yet but what he and the team has done is restore our pride and passion for football..great conduct on and off the pitch and so did the fans ..so lets not knock them lets give the lads a chance[/size]

lyn

robx52

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2018, 09:43:09 PM »
 O0

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2018, 11:21:02 PM »
Lynn,but we weren't drugged up and tanked up,we jut wanted to see good football.My brother was at Wembly that day sober.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy