Author Topic: J.H.Brindley of Birmingham  (Read 3410 times)

tali

J.H.Brindley of Birmingham
« on: May 06, 2008, 06:09:55 PM »
J.H.Brindley of Birmingham- anyone have any info on this company?- googling doesn't find anything
Thanks
"I hear much support for the monarchy.I hear the Union Jack's to remain .I see Namatjira in custody.I see Truganini's in chains"

birdie

Re: J.H.Brindley of Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 04:14:22 PM »
Hi Tali

Brindleys . . . Factory in Vincent Parade, Balsall Heath, of that name.Can't quite remember what they made but metalwork comes to mind...poss pots and pans but could be wrong, I'm going back to late 50's early 60's.Was another company before Brindleys took over.
Birdie

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 04:29:09 PM »
birdie

I think it was he old sweet factory, and the Brass Spinners and fancy goods manufacturers that took it over were, E.W.Blockley & Co Ltd.  Eric the owner was a friend of mine for over 30 years.

He moved from Mary Street to there when he expanded his business and when they demolished Vincent Parade in the seventies he moved to the top of Balsall Heath Rd next to the pub in a factory he had built.

He also had five shops selling lighting and fancy goods that he made. If he is still with us he would be around the eighty mark now, I haven't seen him for years I don't even know if he is still alive.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

birdie

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 04:46:06 PM »
Hi Phil
I don't think the company before Brindleys was a sweet company.You may be thinking of Bycrofts/Clarnico which was the lower end of Vincent Parade [ Wenman street end]
Birdie

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 05:14:46 PM »
Hi Phil
I don't think the company before Brindleys was a sweet company.You may be thinking of Bycrofts/Clarnico which was the lower end of Vincent Parade [ Wenman street end]
Birdie

Hi Birdie

You might be right, there were four factories past the outdoor on the parade listed from 1946 onwards 1 rubber stamp maker (this I think was Eric's) 1 fittings maker and 2 sweet makers. The trouble is too much water has passed under the bridge since. We need John to advice us as he lived opposite for a while. He probably watched the girls coming out of work daily.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

john2000

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 05:29:11 PM »
Phil.... Time is a fire in which we are consumed
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 11:27:13 PM »
John

What have I told you about reading them books, hang on I'll send the son round to put you out.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy