Author Topic: Will Birmingham Ever Be Finished?  (Read 8144 times)

JudithM

Re: Will Birmingham Ever Be Finished?
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2019, 01:17:16 PM »

Judith I did try to enter a link for you but not to be, original architects T P Bennett hope this helps

Thanks,  I did do a search, but the only recent things that I was finding were on the Birmingham Mail site, which I can't open as there are so many ads that they crash the computer.

I found this from a year ago on the BBC speculating that it could become offices -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-46470750
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Scipio

« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2019, 07:29:59 PM »

Thanks,  I did do a search, but the only recent things that I was finding were on the Birmingham Mail site, which I can't open as there are so many ads that they crash the computer.

I found this from a year ago on the BBC speculating that it could become offices -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-46470750

Judith I've found this hope it's self explanatory

TP Bennett reveals Brum department store plans | News ...

www.bdonline.co.uk/news/tp-bennett-reveals-brum...
TP Bennett said a greater quantity of retail space had been envisaged when it was commissioned to draw up expansion proposals for the department store in 2015, but House of Fraser’s plunge into administration last year had changed the plans.

If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

JudithM

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2019, 12:54:25 PM »

Judith I've found this hope it's self explanatory

TP Bennett reveals Brum department store plans | News ...

www.bdonline.co.uk/news/tp-bennett-reveals-brum...
TP Bennett said a greater quantity of retail space had been envisaged when it was commissioned to draw up expansion proposals for the department store in 2015, but House of Fraser’s plunge into administration last year had changed the plans.

Thank you.  I did look on their site & didn't find anything specifically.  Not too sure about the blg glass roof, but it's better than knocking down the building & starting again I suppose.

And yes, I don't suppose there will be as much need for retail space there now.  Hopefully, any office space will be affordable and attractive to clients as there is already a lot of empty office space around the city centre, with more being built almost continually.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Irenna083

best
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2020, 01:58:51 AM »
Cool think

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy