Author Topic: Will Birmingham Ever Be Finished?  (Read 8152 times)

Edmund Fifield

Re: Will Birmingham Ever Be Finished?
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2018, 10:06:19 AM »
Lyn,thought our council was bad but the old saying is by the councillors it's not my money it's the Kitty's ,and we can spend it how we like and when it's gone we can borrow more and let the younger people pay we won't be here.By then it might be £2 an hour to park in the city.The mind boggles.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

JudithM

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2018, 01:35:00 PM »
The only good thing I can see about the Commonwealth Games coming up is that there is a fixed deadline to get things done by  ;D  Surely, they'll have to have the tram extension done & all the roadworks & things like the Centenary Square & Museum refurbishment finished by then.   :P
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2018, 02:10:11 PM »
Will they run the Marathon round the tram track,there will be nothing in the centre of Brum lots on the outskirts

Scipio

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2018, 08:30:00 PM »
Lyn,thought our council was bad but the old saying is by the councillors it's not my money it's the Kitty's ,and we can spend it how we like and when it's gone we can borrow more and let the younger people pay we won't be here.By then it might be £2 an hour to park in the city.The mind boggles.

Edmund in the late 70's a representative who worked at the same company as me , I'll always remember him saying this in the 40's/50's
Birmingham City council had the finest housekeeping record out of all the councils of the land , they were never in the red . My question is what went wrong ?
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2018, 08:35:35 PM »
LABOUR

Scipio

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2018, 08:43:06 PM »
LABOUR

Edmund how did I know that was coming back to me ?
Mark Twain

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2018, 08:46:42 PM »
Because we all knew why

JudithM

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2019, 12:33:46 PM »
Well, the tram extension to Centenary Square has now completed & the trams are running.  The further extension up to Five Ways continues...
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Scipio

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2019, 09:36:25 PM »
Well, the tram extension to Centenary Square has now completed & the trams are running.  The further extension up to Five Ways continues...

I guarantee as soon as Five Ways is finished there will be another section under construction . It will never be fully operational
Mark Twain

astoness

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2019, 07:01:57 AM »
The only good thing I can see about the Commonwealth Games coming up is that there is a fixed deadline to get things done by  ;D  Surely, they'll have to have the tram extension done & all the roadworks & things like the Centenary Square & Museum refurbishment finished by then.   :P
[/quote

hi judith...they have been saying will birmingham ever be finished for 100 years now...in my opinion no it never will...next on the councils list is to obliterate digbeth

re the commonwealth games....dont forget there is still the regeneration of perry barr to complete including the removal of the perry barr flyover and the building of the athletes village..neither of these has yet been started...they are still clearing the site where the college stood which is where the athletes village will be ...me thinks they had better get a move on...

lyn

ly

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2019, 09:17:29 AM »
the question was       Will Birmingham Ever Be Finished?  and the simple answer is no never there will all ways be some thing to do  the day when they stop doing will be the start of the end for birmingham
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy