Author Topic: Cromwell Street School Photo 1960's  (Read 4571 times)

Colin27

Cromwell Street School Photo 1960's
« on: August 15, 2018, 10:17:54 AM »

This is a photo of early 1960's from a Christmas play. I am Santa, believe it or not, and i can recall a few names like Billy Bowkett, Alan Peachey, Wendy Webb, Pat Mustoe, Gillian Gould, Diane Bennett, Janet Higgins, Kevin Harwood, Brian Hollowood, Steven Bates but not all.

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: Cromwell Street School Photo 1960's
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 10:28:23 AM »

hi colin 27 welcome to the forum iv cleaned your photo up a tad hope you do not mind

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Colin27

Cromwell Street School Photo 1960's - number 2
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 10:29:53 AM »

Another photo but no idea of what the play was for or about. I'll try to name as many as i can, here goes;

Back Row - Kevin Harwood, A.N.other, John McConville, Colin Jennings, A.N.other
Middle Row - Billy Bowkett, Brian Hollowood, Steven Job, Keith Bird, Alan Edwards, Colin Sanders, Steven Bates
Front Row Girls - Lorraine Hemmings, Susan Fitchford, Susan Scott, Pat Mustoe, Gillian Gould, A.N.other, Wendy Webb, Ann McFarlane, Susan Naven.

Apologies for ones I can't remember or any i have wrong, please feel free to correct me.

Colin27

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 10:31:31 AM »
Many thanks, there are a couple more to come i'm afraid

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 10:33:52 AM »
thanks ok you post them im sure members will enjoy seeing them  O0

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: Cromwell Street School Photo 1960's - number 2
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 10:46:26 AM »

Colin27

Cromwell Street School Photo 1965-66 Cricket Team
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 10:53:35 AM »

A little bit sketchy with the names on this but those i remember are;

Back Row - Michael Deakin, Nicholas Walker, A.N.other, Colin Jennings, Keith Bird, John McConville, Steven Job
Middle Row - Mr Taylor (Headmaster), A.N.other, A.N.other, Alan Peachey (Captain), A.N.other, A.N.other, Mr Virk (Cricket Teacher)
Front Row - Mark Holloway, Alan Edwards

I have no idea on the trophy we won so any help there would be grateful.

I went on to play cricket at club level until my mid 50's and i will always remember the lessons from Mr Virk in the playground bowling to chalk marks on the playground tarmac to practice "line and length" which stood me in good stead all my playing days.

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: Cromwell Street School Photo 1965-66 Cricket Team
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 11:14:07 AM »

astoness

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 07:58:00 PM »
what smashing photos colin you are so lucky to have them...do you have a photo of the school if not i have one but i will have to scan it as it was recently given to me along with about another 40 privately taken black and whites of nechells and aston which all need scanning

lyn

Colin27

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 07:30:26 AM »
Astoness, my apologies for taking so long to reply. I don't have any photos of the school so any you can upload would be gratefully received. As ana aside I took copies of the photos back to the school, pre-arranging my visit, but sadly there seemed little interest in them, perhaps they already had them or they don't have a school archive. I did also ask if I could arrange a look,around the old school as there appears to be a number of changes not least a couple of hundred animals they seem to have, but again that was sadly declined. Unfortunately I suppose in these times having a "stranger" being taken around the school is not the done thing, a shame really!

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2018, 02:10:22 PM »
Colin

Here are a couple of early images of the school for you, it doesn't seem to have changed at all from the outside to me.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy