Author Topic: Solihull Double Murder  (Read 5856 times)

Spud

Solihull Double Murder
« on: August 27, 2018, 03:36:17 PM »
Mother and Daughter Stabbed to death in Northdown Rd Solihull. Bodies found around 12:30am this morning
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

frederick

Re: Solihull Double Murder
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 04:05:31 PM »
I just hope what is happening in London doesn't spread to anywhere else in the country. 100 knife and gun deaths in London so far this year.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

townie

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 06:35:31 PM »
I was watching this news and wondering why the police were so intent to catch this person who is a suspect in the double murder. It now appears that there were 3 phone calls to the police that were alerted to the problems that were happening. 
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 09:41:07 AM »
Bet he's back in Afganistan by now,caught a plane at Elmdon changed in Amsterdam.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Spud

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 10:49:23 AM »
It is now being reported that the victims were on the phone during the attack and they had been in touch with the Police during the preceding 24 hrs!!!

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 11:38:47 AM »
According to the Birmingham Mail they had been in touch with the police several times in the previous 48 hours. I suppose they were told to wait until they were attacked before ringing again. A call on this chap by the police at his home address might have stopped this tragedy happening. I thought today's policing was all about crime prevention?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

JudithM

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 01:09:55 PM »
According to the Birmingham Mail they had been in touch with the police several times in the previous 48 hours. I suppose they were told to wait until they were attacked before ringing again. A call on this chap by the police at his home address might have stopped this tragedy happening. I thought today's policing was all about crime prevention?

Sadly, I don't think they have enough people to try prevent crime these days, it all seems reactionary, after the fact.

That said, not sending anyone round for domestic violence issues is nothing new.  Someone I worked with 35 years ago tried to get a restraining order on her ex, but couldn't until she was physically attacked - and that was after weeks of harassment, threats & repeated calls to the police.

(and that was in Solihull too).
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 01:47:08 PM »
Sadly, I don't think they have enough people to try prevent crime these days, it all seems reactionary, after the fact.

That said, not sending anyone round for domestic violence issues is nothing new.  Someone I worked with 35 years ago tried to get a restraining order on her ex, but couldn't until she was physically attacked - and that was after weeks of harassment, threats & repeated calls to the police.

(and that was in Solihull too).

Judith as far as I can see these women did everything they were told in the Crime prevention guidelines, and it didn't help them one iota.

https://www.police.uk/crime-prevention-advice/violence-and-sexual-offences/
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

JudithM

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 01:27:02 PM »
It's is sounding like the daughter may have originally been somewhere else & then went to her mother's house.

The police are saying they were talking to her earlier, but when they got to the location she was at (unspecified) she had gone.  I think the assumption is now that he was threatening her, she called the police, it escalated, so she went to her mothers where she thought she'd be safer.  Sadly that was not the case.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

astoness

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 07:13:47 AM »
21 year old man was arrested in sparkhill last night..seems he is the ex of the daughter

Spud

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 10:55:16 AM »
Picked up in Sparkhill I believe that there was a reward for information about his whereabouts. And just think I was brought up in Sparkhill many years ago of course times change

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy