Author Topic: Boys' Brigade - Birmingham Companies  (Read 21052 times)

LMB797

Re: Boys' Brigade - Birmingham Companies
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2019, 09:34:27 AM »
Hi Peg. The 22nd Birmingham was at Bearwood Baptist Church on Bearwood Road

Peg Monkey

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2019, 11:19:16 AM »
I thought I was spot on with my Happy Birthday Wishes but I'm actually spot on a month late, sorry. :-[
Peg.
It's far better to look back on a rejection rather than a lost opportunity.

Peg Monkey

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2020, 03:31:19 PM »
Coronavirus February 2020 - Boys' Brigade lockdown - if founder Sir Bill knew he would turn in his grave :-[
Peg.
P.S. Requirements for Attendance Badges will have to be relaxed during The Crisis?

Peg Monkey

« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2020, 04:15:40 PM »
It's tragic that so many organisations have been locked down by The Virus - the sound of a BB band leading the monthly church parade is sadly missed, although I left the organisation 53 years ago I still remember how great playing the drum was; but one question haunts me to this day - why didn't I attempt the drummer's Badge? :( :( :(
Peg.

Peg Monkey

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2020, 08:00:46 AM »
Happy Birthday Boys' Brigade movement, founded by Sir William Alexander Smith 4th October 1883.
Peg.
Ex Colour Sergeant, 3rd Sutton Coldfield Company.

P.S. Coronavirus year.

Peg Monkey

« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2020, 12:39:50 AM »
Merry Christmas and a Happy virus-free New Year to all members past and present. O0 O0 O0
Peg

MALCOLM G

« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2020, 08:50:27 PM »
i was in the bb in the 60s  95th Birmingham use to attend at the church on Chester road opposite pype hayes park just down from the Bagot pub i can remember when we went to camp at hay on wye what a good time had by all the captain was Mr Russell is anyone one from the 95th still out there would love to hear from them

Peg Monkey

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2020, 10:51:22 PM »
i was in the bb in the 60s  95th Birmingham use to attend at the church on Chester road opposite pype hayes park just down from the Bagot pub i can remember when we went to camp at hay on wye what a good time had by all the captain was Mr Russell is anyone one from the 95th still out there would love to hear from them
Hi Mal, welcome to The Forum.
I was a member of The 3rd Sutton Coldfield 60-67, based at Chester Rd Baptist Church, opposite The Pavilion Cinema, which became The Pavilion Bowling Alley which became a housing Estate.
Our home football pitch was at Pype Hayes Park, on the far side of the park, there was a dreadful slope from side to side.
Regards, Peg

Peg Monkey

« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2021, 05:05:41 PM »
Hi Mal, I was a BB member 1960-66. I was a GKN-Birfield Apprentice and my first year 60-61 was spent at the group's apprentice school on the Hardy Spicer factory site. I was living on the Lyndhurst Estate, Yenton end, at the time and walked from there, rain or shine, along the Chester Rd to the apprentice school, going past your church, took about 30mins if I speed walked.
Great Days.
Happy New Year.
Peg

Peg Monkey

« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2021, 12:56:15 AM »
RIP Prince Philip - Future of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award.
It is believed the title of Duke of Edinburgh will pass to Prince Edward, however it has not been confirmed if this will take place with immediate effect or if Prince Charles is to become King first.
Peg

MALCOLM G

« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2021, 05:07:53 PM »

YES I CAN REMEMBER GOING THERE AND WHAT A GREAT BLOKE CAPTAIN RUSSELL WAS I WENT TO HIS HOUSE ONE SATURDAY  AND 1 OR MORE OF US HELPED HIM CLEAR HIS SHED THINK CAN YOU GIVE ME A CLUE TO YOUR NAME?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy