Author Topic: Castle Vale, The Skylark and The Trade Winds  (Read 2073 times)

Onceupona

Castle Vale, The Skylark and The Trade Winds
« on: October 16, 2018, 10:25:46 PM »
I’m writing a book about my work experiences in Birmingham and I’d like to use photographs of The Skylark and The Trade Winds pubs on Castle Vale that I’ve found on this forum. Whose permission do I need?

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Castle Vale, The Skylark and The Trade Winds
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 11:19:45 AM »
Hi Onceupona,

Welcome to you, as I was the poster that posted the photos in question to this forum I can only answer you thus. I cannot give you permission to publish these photos as I am not the owner of the originals and in truth I haven't the slightest idea who is.

I collect images from around the internet and if they are from a site that has no specific copyright rules then like thousands of others I will reuse them. We have a policy on this site that if anybody claims copyright on any image used,  on proof of that copyright the image will be removed without argument.

So I will just give this piece of advice as I have many times before. If you want to use the images, ten do so but at your own risk, because as I have said no one here can give you permission. I will just add that whilst the owners of these photos may not mind them being displayed on free to use forums they might have different ideas if they are used in a commercial venture.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Onceupona

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 07:15:25 PM »
Many thanks Phil, for the quick response and the advice. As you’ve probably worked out, I found the photographs on a google search before finding them again on your forum. My book is unlikely to be published in the near future, so, I’ll continue to hunt for the ‘owners’ of the photos, but, following your advice, may decide not to use them.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 08:12:23 PM »
Onceupona

I can tell you that there is a copy of the "Trade Winds" in Andrew Maxims "Time Please" (a book about Birmingham pubs. It's almost identical (or identical) to the one posted on here. If you can contact him he may be able to help further.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy