Author Topic: Taxi from BHX to Wolverhampton  (Read 2481 times)

jfg

Taxi from BHX to Wolverhampton
« on: October 19, 2018, 07:06:22 PM »

Hi,
I am arriving in Birmingham BHX next week and was wondering if it's feasible to get a taxi to Wolverhampton city center, what the likely cost would be? Looking online, it says it's a trip of about 25 miles. Thanks!

RoyMcC

Re: Taxi from BHX to Wolverhampton
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 07:56:51 PM »

Online gives a guide price of £46.

Personally I'd get there by train. They're frequent from BHX into New Street and out again to W'ton.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 08:00:52 PM »
Hi jfg

I'm sure if you contacted a Birmingham or Wolverhampton taxi firm by telephone or even email that they would be happy to quote for the journey. Unfortunately any mention of a taxi firm by name giving a price and a telephone number would be looked on as advertising and therefore removed from the forum.

If you had made enough posts to the forum and gained access to the private messaging system then you could have received answers via that method, but this is not a choice until you have made at least five posts.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 08:10:49 PM »
and if some one comes on the forum and says try this taxi firm they will do it for x amount that comes under the heading advertising
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

jfg

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 11:07:19 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I wasn't looking for a specific taxi firm, just wondering if the distance made it unreasonable. £46 was the online figure I was generally getting too, I didn't know how accurate it was. I don't want to get a taxi and then finding out it's a £200 or something! 😛 I see there is a motorway (m6) between both cities so I suppose we'd go that way. I'll be travelling with an older person, so the train would be a bit more hassle, hence the taxi idea. Thanks!

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 08:59:28 AM »
jfg

If you were to get a taxi from BHX to Birmingham City Centre you could get a tram from there to the centre of Wolverhampton. This would cut down expenses quite a bit, also a I understand it when you book a taxi online they give a firm price for the journey.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Spud

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 12:40:23 PM »
You could of course use the free Air Rail Link from Birmingham Airport to Birmingham International Station and catch a train in to Birmingham New St or  some Virgin Trains do go to Wolverhampton Direct. Just ask at the Airport and someone will direct you to the Air Link it only takes a few minutes to reach Birmingham International Station
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Abt

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 01:32:45 PM »
My sister takes a taxi from BHX into birmingham suburb 10 miles away £ 20.

vamann

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2018, 07:22:58 PM »
Seems that the price for that mileage is the same for most of the country.  I paid £40 for a twenty mile journey to Truro which at the time I thought was extortionate but obviously not.

Spud

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 11:18:29 AM »
If you use my suggestion there is no need for a taxi Air Link [Free] from BHX to Birmingham International. Train into  Birmingham [Some Virgin Trains from Birmingham International[ go through to Wolverhampton]
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

jfg

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2018, 08:08:14 PM »

Thanks Spud. As I said though, I'm travelling with an older person who cannot walk far or that fast, so a taxi is just less hassle.
It seems approx. £50 more or less which is ok. I had no idea what the cost was going to be! Will also have to do the reverse trip a week later :-P

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy