Author Topic: Alum Rock Saltley  (Read 330417 times)

Jojo

Re: Alum Rock Saltley
« Reply #297 on: March 14, 2013, 07:34:57 PM »
Does anyone have a photo of Raymond Road please?  I lived there with my sister in 1961 while saving for a deposit for my house.  I'm now doing my family tree and I would love to put a photo of the road on there.
I love this site!!!   ;)

susie1

« Reply #298 on: March 23, 2013, 03:58:18 PM »
Does anybody Remember clodes hall road be great if someone could upload photos of it i hear the top half has come down now anybody have any info on people who lived up the road i went to shawhill school and the head was miss carter does anyone remember her.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #299 on: March 23, 2013, 04:27:01 PM »
Hi Susie

Welcome to you, I'm afraid the best I can do is two corners of the road, one at the junction of Alum Rock Rd and the other the junction with Couchman Rd.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

vauxonion

« Reply #300 on: March 23, 2013, 06:58:58 PM »
I have been told that the 55 bus ( Shard End ) just thought i would add that in, has been diverted and does not go via Alum rock Can anybody tell me why?

Since when, to the best of my knowledge it still goes up the Rock.Dek

MWS

« Reply #301 on: March 23, 2013, 09:39:08 PM »
Not for a few years. The 55 now goes up Washwood Heath Road, turns right at the Fox & Goose and then it returns to it's old route down Stechford Road. Although, traffic can't turn left into Stechford Road and so they have to go round the island at the bottom of Burney Lane, come back on themselves and turn right.

susie1

« Reply #302 on: March 24, 2013, 01:12:34 PM »
doe's anyone remember clodes hall road alum rock  i lived in that road in the 60's and 70's went to shaw hill school .head was called miss carter. my friend was julie hallerhan . and a girl called yevett

susie1

« Reply #303 on: March 24, 2013, 01:20:08 PM »
 thank you phill i was so happy to look at thue's photo's you put up made my day

Shirley S

« Reply #304 on: March 25, 2013, 10:22:54 PM »
Hi Phil and Chrissy

do you remember replying to my post in 2008?  I just found your replies!!  I really am not very good at this but I am getting into it now.

Thank you so much for the photo's and replies.  Phil you asked me about a week ago when I lived in Queen Street and I don't know if I replied to the correct thread.  I lived there from about 1962 to about 1968. 

I had a bit of trouble getting on earlier and had a reply from a nice man asking for my details for a reset but I was not able to reply for some reason then I was connected so its okay now but just in case he is reading this - thank you Jim.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #305 on: March 26, 2013, 07:17:54 PM »
Right Shirley I believe Chris has sorted the mix up out so I have removed the posts relating to it as they had nothing to do with the thread.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Shirley S

« Reply #306 on: March 26, 2013, 07:32:48 PM »
Thanks Phil

No problem hope it didn't cause any difficulties.  If there is anything else I think I can send individual messages can't I.  I'm getting used to the site now and it is brilliant.

By the way the Shirley who I referred to as having a reply from you and Chrissy in 2008, was not me even though it was my name and my area for a while.  You both brought back memories, particularly the photo's.   

Shirley

nathan

« Reply #307 on: March 27, 2013, 03:25:34 PM »
pub 4 today
the village alum rock

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy