Author Topic: Alum Rock Saltley  (Read 329207 times)

Daisy1

Re: Alum Rock Saltley
« Reply #682 on: July 15, 2018, 09:38:59 PM »
Coming from the corner of Alum Rock Rd, there is an outdoor on the corner and then an empty space that back then people parked their cars on and the first maisonette number 11 is where I lived.

Saltley3152(tony)

« Reply #683 on: July 15, 2018, 11:32:26 PM »
Coming from the corner of Alum Rock Rd, there is an outdoor on the corner and then an empty space that back then people parked their cars on and the first maisonette number 11 is where I lived.
Yes Rita your right, it was number 6 George Arthur  i lived in  :-[   Reginald was number 35 ???
Little details like you just mentioned are starting to come back to me, to get to the back of our house there was a little, not entry, path way, i think that was right next to the maisonettes.
Did i mention my wifes name was Anita, and she worked at Tescos with me.

Daisy1

« Reply #684 on: July 16, 2018, 08:26:46 AM »
Tony, the people who lived in that first house past the maisonettes were the Worths, there was Christine and twins Jonny and Joan, then The Rogers and their five children, further up there were the Fishers David and Lesley and then the Allens, did you know any of these families.

Saltley3152(tony)

« Reply #685 on: July 18, 2018, 02:46:09 PM »
Tony, the people who lived in that first house past the maisonettes were the Worths, there was Christine and twins Jonny and Joan, then The Rogers and their five children, further up there were the Fishers David and Lesley and then the Allens, did you know any of these families.
Hi Rita,
we never really knew anyone in the maisonettes, we didnt stay in Reginald road to long before moving to George Arthur, we knew the couple at 33 reginald, Dave and Maureen, second name Cole, i believe they had 2 sons and 1 daughter. At 37 was a man and his mother, i cant remember hes name now.

Daisy1

« Reply #686 on: July 18, 2018, 04:16:05 PM »
I don’t recall any of those people Tony.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #687 on: July 18, 2018, 05:15:45 PM »
A couple of photos of Reginald Road that I don't think I have posted before, one is of the 1935 silver jubilee celebrations the other is from 1969.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #688 on: July 18, 2018, 05:24:29 PM »
Another photo from 1962.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Saltley3152(tony)

« Reply #689 on: July 18, 2018, 06:00:03 PM »
I don’t recall any of those people Tony.

Rita, it was around 1983 we lived there, think we left bout 87'

Saltley3152(tony)

« Reply #690 on: July 18, 2018, 06:01:45 PM »
A couple of photos of Reginald Road that I don't think I have posted before, one is of the 1935 silver jubilee celebrations the other is from 1969.
Thanks Phil,
was the first pic of Reginald rd the top end away from Alum Rock Rd? looks like it to me.

Daisy1

« Reply #691 on: July 18, 2018, 06:20:22 PM »
Oh my word Tony, no wonder you don’t know the same people as me, I left Reginald Rd when I got married in 1963. We bought our first house in Cherrywood Rd and then moved to Yardley then Sutton Coldfield now live in Stratford upon Avon.

FISHFACE

Re: Alum Rock Saltley. "Saltley Millionaire"
« Reply #692 on: September 24, 2018, 12:08:57 PM »
Hello Hilly 66,
It's some while since you requested info on the "Saltley Millionaire" song but I've only just come across your posting.
Hope I'm not too late.
I got the song from my father who's now 93 and I doubt can remember much if any of it.
I know the tune (I think It's correct) and if you want that I'll have to send it you as a voicemail.
The lyrics which I know are as follows but I don't think are complete so further enquiry would be needed there.

I'm a Saltley Millionaire and I haven't got a care, I'm a smasher, I'm a dasher I'm a Saltley Millionaire,
See the palm trees wavin', way down Summer Lane,
Every Saturday night when the moon shines bright, 
See the girls in the 'Salutation'. (Well know pub at the bottom of Snow Hill.)

No snow at 'Snow Hill'......

The subjects don't scan together that well so I think there's more but it's all I have I'm afraid. Please let me know if you find, or have found any more.

Cheers

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy