Author Topic: Alum Rock Saltley  (Read 329168 times)

suemalings

Re: Alum Rock Saltley
« Reply #704 on: July 14, 2019, 11:06:55 AM »
Toombs - My nan's step-sister was Olive Toombs.  originally came from Tunstall, but moved to Sparkbrook, probably around 1930.

Havelock

« Reply #705 on: July 17, 2019, 04:05:26 PM »
Hi Shirley...I went to Nansen Road from 1956 to 1961.....all my sisters also went.
My name is Andrew keen my wife is/was Linda Hurdman and my sister was Diane.
My Nan lived next to the school in St Saviours road.

suemalings

« Reply #706 on: July 17, 2019, 05:16:17 PM »

Adderley Junior School about 1960

suemalings

« Reply #707 on: July 17, 2019, 05:20:40 PM »
I posted another photo but to "Birmingham Photos and Videos" which is probably the wrong forum.  It is a photo of Adderley taken around 1959.

My brother also went to Adderley School and I am certain he was in the same class as Alan Whalley (shown on the photo posted was back in 2012).  Christina Workman is also on that photo, I was at school with her younger sister, Carol Workman.

suemalings

« Reply #708 on: July 18, 2019, 08:42:20 AM »
My brother was in the same class as John Whalley, he was Alan#s brother and a couple of years younger than Alan.  The teacher in the photo is Miss. Staniforth.

Hussain

« Reply #709 on: August 25, 2019, 12:45:10 PM »
 I am a current resident of the area and like to thank everyone for your posts. It was great reading and looking back at a glimpse in the rich history of the area. I  have a keen interest in history and I presume most current residents might not be aware of the diverse history. I hope you don't mind sharing your posts and pictures with friends and family, in the hope to raise awareness. I am looking forward to any future post. I live on Wright Road towards Washwood Heath Road any pictures of the past will be greatly appreciated.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #710 on: August 25, 2019, 01:06:02 PM »
Hi Hussain

Welcome to the forum, I'm glad to hear that you have an interest in the area. If there is anything that you want to know just ask as I'm sure that we will be able to assist you in finding the answers you require. I have only 2 images of Wright road , but fortunately they are both of the Washwood Heath Road end which has changed quite a bit since these photos were taken in the early 70's.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Hussain

« Reply #711 on: August 25, 2019, 01:34:08 PM »
Thank you Phil,
Wow how things have changed, I do remember the cafe and shops at the bottom of Wright Road.  Just live abit further up from there.

mansoor

« Reply #712 on: September 03, 2019, 04:36:57 PM »
Hello Shirley,[/size]

[/size]

[/size]
You need to contact St Peters College on College road/ Bridge Road they have all the photo collections of saltley area, [/size]

Richard Hillier

« Reply #713 on: December 29, 2019, 11:14:34 AM »
Does anybody Remember clodes hall road be great if someone could upload photos of it i hear the top half has come down now anybody have any info on people who lived up the road i went to shawhill school and the head was miss carter does anyone remember her.

Richard Hillier

« Reply #714 on: December 29, 2019, 11:17:13 AM »
I lived at 41 Clodeshall from 1974 to 1984, I went through the ranks of school life at the Rosary.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy