Author Topic: Florists in Belgrave Road, Balsall Heath.  (Read 508 times)

Empson

Re: Florists in Belgrave Road, Balsall Heath.
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 12:14:20 PM »
Retriever,
Sorry ,  I didnít read your post properly.  Obviously we Ďre talking about the same Cop- shop.

Phil s photo is great and I think your nans shop would be about opposite the bread/ cake shop I remember.
Perhaps it was a co op bakery shop.  Itís a long time ago now.  Weíll certainly for an old grey beard like me!

Empson

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 12:37:05 PM »
Phil,
Thank you for the picture of Edward Road. It is mulch younger than The time I was thinking about in that thatís an old MorrisMinor parked. However the road and shops seem much the same.

I have a mental picture of tramlines running down Edward Road from Moseley Road.
I know trams used to run along Lincoln Street and I. Think Jakeman Road or Cannon Hill Road. Can you confirm or put me right please

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2019, 01:06:28 PM »
Empson

I'm afraid that I have no great knowledge of the public transport systems in Birmingham over the years, but as far as I know the tram system around Edward Road was thus, In Edward Road itself trams ran from Court Road to Moseley Road but this was curtailed to the junction of Wenman Street George Street before WWII. Trams also ran along Cox Street West, Lincoln Street, Hallam Street, Mary Street Cannon Hill Road and Court all crossing Edward Road or joining up with it. I think they had all gone by the very early 1950's because I certainly can remember no trams on Edward Road.
Make Love Not War