Author Topic: Priory  (Read 1350 times)

[email protected]

Priory
« on: January 29, 2019, 05:59:02 PM »
Hi, I have lived most of my life in Hall Green, I just wondered if anyone knew the history of the two housed opposite the millpond, I often walk padt, they have always intrigued me, are they anything to do with the Priory that once stood close by, any pictures of the Priory eoulf make my day. Here's hoping. ;)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Priory
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 06:37:15 PM »
Hi, I have lived most of my life in Hall Green, I just wondered if anyone knew the history of the two housed opposite the millpond, I often walk padt, they have always intrigued me, are they anything to do with the Priory that once stood close by, any pictures of the Priory eoulf make my day. Here's hoping. ;)

Hi Lizread

As far as I can make out the two houses you indicate may in fact be the old Priory or what is left of it with some alteration. The attached map is a section of the 1890 OS map and as you can see the buildings are described as Colebrook Priory back then and there has been no change in the buildings footprint since then and now and it's still named as Colebrook Priory on the OS maps.

Attached

1 OS map 1890
2 houses / Priory today
3 OS map 1977
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy