Author Topic: Sandy lane  (Read 1368 times)

Terry Garvey

Sandy lane
« on: March 17, 2019, 07:03:54 PM »
I lived at 3/118 Sandy Lane, Camp Hill. I remember some of the names that lived there. The Murphys, Parkers, Aunt Floss,
Anyone else live there in the 50s.

Des Gardner

Re: Sandy lane
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 09:40:19 AM »
I worked on a small building site next to the Ship pub Camp Hill in the sixties, Sandy Lane ran down on the right of the pub, I was about 19 yrs of age, they were all Irish people on site who I got on well with, I think the name of the factory/warehouse we were building was Shaws?....one day it was raining and the guys said it was too bad to work so we all went in the Ship for a pint, but the foreman walked in after about 5 minutes and sacked us all.......the pub was a popular meeting place for the Irish building workers, the Pub done a excellent bowl of Irish stew and a round of bread lunchtime! It was a very popular meal in that area in those days....

Terry Garvey

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 05:49:39 PM »
Yet they did. My dad used to pop in there for a pint as he was on his way to get some fish and chips from a shop just up from the ship.
He also got in a fight outside the pub one night as he was on his way home down Sandy Lane.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 06:02:14 PM »
I lived in Bedford street for two months until my wife and I got our own place  this was almost 54 years ago 
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy