Author Topic: main line steam trains from snow hill  (Read 4381 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
main line steam trains from snow hill
« on: March 31, 2019, 10:58:19 AM »

this is good news I shall make a point of having a trip on the new serves

In September last year, the Office of Rail and Road granted Vintage Trains a Train Operating Company licence to operate scheduled mainline services.
Their trains, including Clun Castle, will feature on timetables between Birmingham Snow Hill and Stratford-upon-Avon from the summer.

The firm recently announced a partnership with the West Midlands Rail Executive to promote the area’s economy by attracting visitors, creating apprenticeships and regenerating stations.

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Edmund Fifield

Re: main line steam trains from snow hill
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 11:57:56 AM »
Roy would love to join you but it's a bit to far from here.Just have to wait for Steam trains to come down here on the Cathedrals Express that come to Canterbury Cathedral. From a Steam Buff O0
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 12:07:47 PM »
hi ed im lucky in a way  I can see steam locomotives any day of the week from kiddy to bridge north but from Snowhill to stratford will take me back to when I was a kid and stood on the platform of Snowhill or moor street and wished I could go on one  but only did a few times

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 12:20:16 PM »
The Shakespeare express has been running from Moor Street for a while now on Sundays and bank holidays. Myself and the wife have done the trip several times and even had Sunday Lunch in the dining car. Expensive, but well worth it.

http://www.vintagetrains.co.uk/tour/the-shakespeare-express-experience-2018/14
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 12:26:33 PM »
Like you Roy spent many a happy hour on Snow Hill & New Street in my youth train spotting.Still have my old Ian Allen books from the early 50s.

frederick

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 12:33:26 PM »
On our way to Ludlow we traveled from Kiddy to Bridge North on the stem train. Interesting museum at Kiddy station.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 01:35:03 PM »

The Shakespeare express has been running from Moor Street for a while now on Sundays and bank holidays. Myself and the wife have done the trip several times and even had Sunday Lunch in the dining car. Expensive, but well worth it.                          yes phil iv seen that one but the report says this one is going to run a normal serves not just bank holidays and high days so its good for brum   

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 01:51:14 PM »
Yes Roy, I understand that. I was just pointing out that it's not a new idea. Let's hope that unlike the Severn Valley Line that all the trains used and are not the old diesel stock that they use for most days only bringing the steam trains out on occasion.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2019, 02:15:14 PM »
Bet they won't get held up with leaves on the line like down here,with the electric rail on the ground.Good old Steam.

baz

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2019, 02:16:01 PM »
Speaking of steam locos.
Britannia came roaring through here early Friday morning, heading towards Crewe. Nobody knew it was happening but luckily a commuter caught her on his mobile and put it on facebook.
Beautiful engine.

townie

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2019, 03:45:17 PM »
Cant beat the old steam trains remember standing on Snow Hill as a kid when the train came thundering past
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy