Author Topic: main line steam trains from snow hill  (Read 4385 times)

Scipio

Re: main line steam trains from snow hill
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2019, 08:25:58 PM »

I was stationed in Hereford in '58, in a camp called Bradbury Lines. Hereford felt like the other side of the world in those days, mind you, I was only 17 !

True Baz it did seem like a trek across the world , I had a great time there though, I often think of those far off distant days .
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2019, 11:23:32 PM »
I'm sorry but when you look back,the old day were so superior  from today's mayhem.No body had the mayhem that they have today.Steam was superior .And so enjoyable.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

baz

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2019, 10:50:59 AM »
Most of my train journeys were from New St station but I remember wanting to get to Rhyl, one Sunday. The only train available was from Snow Hill and it must've stopped at every station it went through. There were places I'd never heard of, like Chirk, Gobowen, Connah's Quay & Flint. I think I would've been quicker walking !

Scipio

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2019, 08:37:36 PM »
Most of my train journeys were from New St station but I remember wanting to get to Rhyl, one Sunday. The only train available was from Snow Hill and it must've stopped at every station it went through. There were places I'd never heard of, like Chirk, Gobowen, Connah's Quay & Flint. I think I would've been quicker walking !

Baz if you had walked , think of what you'd have missed that wonderful smell , plus the twiddly dee twiddly dee twiddly dee .
Mark Twain

baz

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2019, 09:54:31 PM »

Baz if you had walked , think of what you'd have missed that wonderful smell , plus the twiddly dee twiddly dee twiddly dee .

You're absolutely right mate but in those days I was in love and even the HST would not have been fast enough !

Scipio

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2019, 10:06:02 PM »

You're absolutely right mate but in those days I was in love and even the HST would not have been fast enough !

Yes Baz those were the days , you loved her so much you could have eaten her , then after five years of marriage you wish you had done .

Ha ha only joking I'd be lost without my good lady
Mark Twain

Johny s

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2019, 12:12:39 AM »
Nothing to do with whats been said. I just joined the forum as google took me to the comments on this site regarding stetchford coop. My dad worked there for a long time. When it closed he joined ellis and smith. I remember as a kid in the leyland fg with coats over the engine hood in the cab. My dads talked about them electric bread vans. Golden crust the bread was called i think. I remember standing in the bakery with bread on the conveyer belts.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy