Author Topic: Visit to Birmingham where I was born 76 years ago  (Read 167 times)

linwaisee

Visit to Birmingham where I was born 76 years ago
« on: May 03, 2019, 05:51:45 PM »
I was born in Blundell Road, Greet, Birmingham in 1943. I moved to Hong Kong in 1996 and plan to return to my roots in.June for 17 days.

I hope to visit Greet Primary School and Golden Hillock Secondary School as well.as all the properties I've lived in. Besides Blundell Road that includes, Knowle Road, Douglas Road, Merecote Road and Brookvale Road in Olton. I'd also like to look at Bickenhill where my Grandfather had a weekend bungalow through the war and the rest of the 1940's.

I'm also planning a pilgrimage to St. Andrews football ground where the team I've supported since 1956 play (B C F C).

I'm pleased to see Spud is still contributing to the Forum

frederick

Re: Visit to Birmingham where I was born 76 years ago
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 11:02:49 AM »
When I started work it was at the Serck Warwick rd in 1958. I think you will wounder where you are when you return for that look around old places.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

linwaisee

Re: Visit to Birmingham where I was born 76 years ago
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 03:05:04 PM »
My Grandmother was the supervisor of the Director's dining room at Serck, but I doubt that you would have known her since she reached retirement age (60 for women) in.1948.

I know much has changed in Brum since I lived there. My grandfather told me that the Warwick Road would be widened and that would mean Greet Post Office would be demolished and I would lose all the money in my post office savings account, so I drew it all out. Mr. Knight, the Postmaster told my Gran that I'd closed my.account on the strength of what my Granddad had told me. Of course my Granddad had been joking, but you believed your Granddad in those days ;D